Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

How Many Kids?

Started by A Nation of Moms , author of A Nation of Moms — United together to build strong families 3/26/2011 11:11:49 AM

Lately I have been having an inner debate with myself.  I have always wanted 4 kids and because of my age and how hard pregnancy has been on my body, decided that 3 would suffice.  I have one of each gender and want a third.  But these two get along so well together and we feel like we've hit the jackpot with them and that having one more would change the dynamics of their relationship.  There might always be an odd man out (2 boys and 1 girl or 2 girls and 1 boy).  

For those of you who have 3 kids, how does it work in your family?

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 91
""

Reply by Aj

3/29/2011 1:36:50 AM

I only have 2 right now but plan to have at least 1 more, although I would like to have 4 too!  I grew up with an odd number of kids, 5, and was closest to my 2 younger siblings.  My younger brother and I are still extremely close, my older siblings are a lot older so we didnt have the same relationship.  I would still be very close to my little sister but she passed away almost 12 year ago now.  Anyhow...I think the relationship dynamics could change for my girls when we have a third but not in a bad way.  Also, not that this is something any parent wants to think about, but I am glad I still have my little brother since I lost my sister.  It would be a lot harder to have been left without a sibling.  Good luck with you decision.  Its definitely a tough one!  Pray about it if thats something you are comfortable doing.  I am sure you will end up making the best decision for you family!

:)AJ

Well, it's too late to contemplate, I guess. We found out we are having #3. I didn't want to have an odd number of children, but I don't know if I can make it through another pregnancy after this one. AJ, I am so sorry for your loss of your sister.

""

Reply by Jamie

4/6/2011 12:44:52 AM

Works great in my family for my older 2 one boy who is 10 and one girl who is 11, my youngest is my 11 month old and he is really dependent on me and his dad for playtime etc. There is a large age gap between the older children and him so I am thinking I as well need a 4th child to balance them out so he will have a playmate.

My sister and I are over 9 years apart, so it was definitely not a sister to sister relationship. You're brave for having #4 but I think it's best, too. :)

""

Reply by Shanna at Mom Caboodle

author of Mom Caboodle 4/6/2011 6:33:01 PM

I have four kids....three was good but four is even better! Good Luck!

I would love 4, and both my husband and I had originally wanted 4. However, we are both getting older and pregnancy is harder each time. I get contractions (100+ per day) starting at 14 weeks and by the middle of the 2nd trimester, I get my hip/back on my right side out. It takes me about 10 minutes to be able to put weight

""

Reply by Shawna

author of Mommy Who Loves Giveaways 4/16/2011 8:55:43 AM

I only have one right now, but I'd love to have another. Two is enough for me. 

""

Reply by Allison Lancaster

author of ALLiS0N 4/26/2011 1:20:09 PM

I don't have any children yet, but would like one if I'm able to.

BUt I'm sure you'd do it all over again, wouldn't you?

""

Reply by Kate

7/8/2011 9:39:27 AM

This is exactly on our mind right now. We were pregnant with our third but lost our baby to a miscarriage and now I feel uncertain about doing it again. We're kind of back in the thinking stage again.

I would have LOVED to have 4 children :) I love even numbers too!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Keep it nice and family-friendly please!

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS