Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Skype Guitar Bass & Ukulele Lessons Anyone?

Started by Jeffrey , author of Blog | Jeffrey Thomas 8/14/2012 11:51:05 PM

Hi, I hope it is ok to post here about my online teaching? My name is Jeffrey Thomas and if there are any Mom's with up and coming musicians interested in the guitar, bass or ukulele I would be happy to offer a free lesson.

I am teaching live private lessons on skype with webcams and my students are really doing well. I take on day 1 beginner's through advanced students and make sure all of the fundamentals of music reading are included in the lessons. I also allow the student to pick the type of music they want to play so my day will go anywhere from Taylor Swift to Praise and Worship playing.

Please have a look: www.jeffrey-thomas.com

Thanks, Jeff

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4
""

Reply by Teaching Tiny Tots

author of Teaching Tiny Tots Blog — 8/15/2012 8:55:01 PM

Hi Jeff,

It is fine to post here!  What an interesting concept...Skype lessons.  I guess it's like the distance learning but interactive. 

Your website has a very colorful background!

Jeffrey's profile picture
Jeffrey said ...
Hi, I hope it is ok to post here about my online teaching? My name is Jeffrey Thomas and if there are any Mom's with up and coming musicians interested in the guitar, bass or ukulele I would be happy to offer a free lesson.

""

Reply by Jeffrey

author of Blog | Jeffrey Thomas 8/15/2012 9:20:06 PM

Thanks!  I have several backgrounds that I choose from and switch it from time to time.

For me as a teacher it is amazing to be able to book students around the world.  It's funny because in the 2 years I have been teaching on skype I have noticed my online students progress faster that the in-person lessons.

Thanks for taking a look, Jeff

""

Reply by Teaching Tiny Tots

author of Teaching Tiny Tots Blog — 8/16/2012 2:54:40 PM

Why do you think that is...that students progress faster on skype?  That's interesting.  I taught piano lessons for 10 years. 

Jeffrey's profile picture
Jeffrey said ...
For me as a teacher it is amazing to be able to book students around the world.  It's funny because in the 2 years I have been teaching on skype I have noticed my online students progress faster that the in-person lessons.

""

Reply by Jeffrey

author of Blog | Jeffrey Thomas 8/16/2012 4:03:46 PM

I think it has something to do with the younger generation being more used to technology and communication through technology. 

Also more people have high speed internet and it allows for very close to real time exchange so all the lesson is hands on and lesson content is prepared ahead of lesson time.

I had one young student say it was like a "live video game".

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS