Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Questions for me here?

Started by Britt , author of 4 little men and girly twins 6/15/2009 6:47:06 PM
Soooo... I thought I would give the Blog Frog Forum another shot! Nobody talked to me here last time it was up! Well... Ididn't talk here either... maybe that was the problem! Ha!

anyway, I thought I would OPEN it back up and see what you had to say here!

talk to you soon!

Britt

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 11 - 20 of 26
""

Reply by Sarah

author of love wins 7/5/2009 5:13:37 PM
What brand of organic can beans do you use? I thought you had mentioned buying some with no added salt, but I can't seem to find any canned beans (including organic) that don't have sea salt listed as an ingredient. Anyone have suggestions?

""

Reply by Bobbi

author of The Kenow Family 7/17/2009 1:39:20 PM
all of the above with hair questions!!! I have naturally wavy hair (not curly, not straight, not pretty air-dried or blow-dried and quite greasy after day 2)...AND I am an ex-cosmetologist.  I am having an extremely hard time getting away from hair products...I love the idea of using burts bees/other natural products. They are spendy, but if you are only washing you hair a couple times a month...that would work just fine!!

Also...what kind of regime do you do for your children's hair?

Any additional info would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!!

What are your children's middle names ?
I have been trying to look for them but can't seem to find it !
I love there first names !

Uggg, I am so bad at looking and replying here. I promise I will try to get better! :)

about the canned beans... we buy local store organic canned beans and they do not have added salt... HOWEVER here in North Dakota I can not find canned beans without salt, heck I can't even find organic! :( I'll let you know what I come up with!

and as for hair care... we really like Avalon and you are right, when you only wash every few weeks you hardly use any at all. I think someone else asked if I rinse my hair and yes, I shower almost everyday, rinsing my hair thoroughly with water.

and about the kids middle names....

Marie
Dakota
Nolan
Wesley
Luke
Cleone

who goes to who... I might not say. {grin}

Britt

""

Reply by Bobbi

author of The Kenow Family 7/22/2009 8:16:02 PM
I would like to do my best to no longer use plastic containers.  What kinds of things do you use as far as packing lunches?  Storing leftovers?  So on and so forth...

Bobbi

""

Reply by Bobbi

author of The Kenow Family 7/22/2009 9:35:41 PM
Also...what is your "secret weapon" for getting out the poo stains??  I know that you said soak soak soak...but do you soak with anything in particular?  I don't know what it is that I eat...but it makes my son has some type of poo-super-power.  Yes, I am talking about poo :)   Any input/advice is greatly appreciated.  Thanks!!

Bobbi

Hey Bobbi,

We do try to avoid plastic and I LOVE glass jars for EVERYTHING! I put leftovers, canned beans, hummus, guacamole, coconut milk and so much more in glass jars we get from the grocery store. I have been collecting them for years so I have a wide range of sizes. One of the most used is smuckers organic peanut butter. they are the perfect size and have a wide mouth. We also use glass jars as drinking glasses.

as for baby poo.... I love the ecostore bleach alternative, it's like oxy clean. I fill my laundry room sink with hot water and some of that and soak overnight. If that doesn't get it all out I lay it out in the sun too. :)

hope that helps!

britt

""

Reply by Bobbi

author of The Kenow Family 7/27/2009 4:47:19 PM
OK, I've got another one....

Cloth Diapers!!!!!

What are the ins and outs...how do they work??  What is it like using them on a daily basis??  I know they have come a LOOOOOONG way with cloth diapers and I am really interested in this because I know how much money it would save...but I have to be honest...I am extremely kind of grossed/freaked out about it.  I don't know why...I just am.

I greatly appreciate anything you can give me...be as detailed as you'd like!  THANKS

""

Reply by diana

7/30/2009 11:33:47 AM

I have another question!!!

you have a beutiful skin, which products do you use in your body and face?, tell us about the whole routine

thnaks

""

Reply by kortny

author of Brand New Mommy & Daddy 7/30/2009 3:50:42 PM
I had a question for you, if you don't mind :) I am a first time mom and am about to start solids soon with my daughter. I was wondering if you could tell me why it is so much better to do organic foods. I know that there's no pesticides and things like that, but I just am trying to learn all I can about it and know why it would be a better choice for my daughter if I used all organic vegetables for purees and what not. So, why is it so much better? :)

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS