Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Questions for me here?

Started by Britt , author of 4 little men and girly twins 6/15/2009 6:47:06 PM
Soooo... I thought I would give the Blog Frog Forum another shot! Nobody talked to me here last time it was up! Well... Ididn't talk here either... maybe that was the problem! Ha!

anyway, I thought I would OPEN it back up and see what you had to say here!

talk to you soon!

Britt

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 26
""

Reply by Anna

6/15/2009 8:10:27 PM
I sent you a tweet...let's talk Trader Joe's!!!

Is there anything you won't buy from there?

What's your favorite items?

I picked up some fresh pizza dough, garlic and herbs. Mmmmm

""

Reply by Sarah

author of love wins 6/15/2009 9:48:26 PM
I have seen your posted pictures of the amazingly delicious looking salads you make for yourself! Do you use hummus as your dressing or is there something else you put on?

Also - do you keep all of your fruits/veggies in the fridge or are there any that you leave out on the kitchen counter?

last question - when using beans, do you start with dried beans or out of the can? i just bought some dried beans and want to try it that way (trying to avoid canned goods all together). Any tips for cooking with dried beans to make them yummy and turn out well??

I just visited your blog again and love the pictures of the girls in the yellow dresses.  And I'm so impressed with your baby-wearing wardrobe - a master I see!

Holly at TheBlogFrog

I do have a question... A little bit ago, you said you don't use sunscreen. Or something like that. I guess I've never heard of that before... but now that I think about it, it makes sense. I live in Minnesota, and it can get pretty sunny here in the summertime. I was just in Florida too, and it would've been pretty much impossible to ignore the sun down there. :( How would you go about doing that? It sounds great... I just don't know how I would go about making that happen.
I have another question. :) I love your blog, I'm just really curious.

You said you shampoo your hair about twice a month. Do you take showers w/o shampooing your hair, and just run water through it? how often do you do that?  I've tried to shampoo my hair less (about once a week... I'm weaning myself off)and I've noticed my hair is curly! curly. It has never in my life been curly... is this because of my less shampoo use?

do you use shaving cream? that's probably bad for you too... huh? :(

Okay- thanks!! :)

""

Reply by April

author of The Bryant Family 6/18/2009 2:07:48 AM
I just found your blog through a friend of a friend and I have been reading it for hours. I am curious about your thoughts on vaccines.

I'm slow at getting here... just like everywhere else! :)

Let's start with trader joes... I LOVE trader joes BUT you do have to watch some of their labels. They are not entirely a health food store. We buy nuts, dried fruit, organic veggies, raw goat cheese, rice pasta, organic tomato sauce, ezekiel bread, pita bread, buns, some cereal, HUMMUS, rice milk, veggie broth, their brand of toothpaste, tea tree oil face wash, frozen organic fruit, veggie patties -- only ones I've found without soy, salmon patties & chocolate.

We buy most of those things there because of price and quality.

britt

"I have seen your posted pictures of the amazingly delicious looking salads you make for yourself! Do you use hummus as your dressing or is there something else you put on?"

I use hummus as the dressing, and drizzle some olive oil too. The hummus, oil and avocado make a creamy dressing. It's DELISH!!!

""

Reply by liz

author of Loving Mom 2 Boys 6/24/2009 12:15:46 AM
I'm also curious about your hair routine - do you wet your hair when you shower, do you keep it dry?  Do you do anything special to keep it from looking greasy?  Oh and why do you soak the tips in vinegar?  What does that do?  Where did you get that info?  {sorry...I'm a scientist, I always like to know the original source :)}

I too am interested in the sunscreen info.  My little one is allergic to a chemical in sunscreen so I have been doing without and having him wear long sleeves  and hats etc.  Are there any natural sunscreen that would be less likely to trigger allergies?
Thanks!

""

Reply by Catherine

7/2/2009 3:53:54 PM
I'm also wondering about your hair routine.  I have wavy hair but have straightened it since high school because I never found anything that helped with the curls.  

Also, do you have a good recipe for hummus?  My 11 month old and I LOVE it and we eat it just about everyday.  I'd love a good recipe.  :)  (We did make the squash and been curry recipe you had posted a while ago.  Yummy and he loved it too!)

-Catherine

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS