Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket?

Started by Ginny Marie , author of Lemon Drop Pie 10/8/2012 9:40:10 AM

I have once, and there was this one time I was let go with only a warning!

Read more!

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 12

I've been pulled over once, in a place I call a speed trap (It's 55 and then drops to 35 for about 1 minute of driving before going back to 55).  I was let go with a warning, thankfully. 

""

Reply by Ginny Marie

author of Lemon Drop Pie 10/8/2012 10:57:30 AM

That sounds like a speed trap to me!

OneMommy's profile picture
OneMommy said ...
I've been pulled over once, in a place I call a speed trap (It's 55 and then drops to 35 for about 1 minute of driving before going back to 55).  I was let go with a warning, thankfully. 

""

Reply by Esther

author of Laugh With Us Blog 10/8/2012 2:18:19 PM

Me too just once!  Here is MY warning story

Who hasn't at least once, right?! Lol!

""

Reply by homemaker-mom.com

author of Homemaker - Mom - The Homemaker - Mom Blog 10/9/2012 2:12:19 PM

Sadly & shamefully  yes 

""

Reply by Ginny Marie

author of Lemon Drop Pie 10/12/2012 6:37:13 AM

You are so funny, Jules!

Jules's profile picture
Jules said ...
But, it's due to a birth defect - you see, I was born with a lead foot at the end of my right leg. Gets me into all kinds of trouble.

I RECENTLY got a speeding ticket in a school zone!! YIKES!  I wasn't really speeding, because it wasn't school hours..but the cameras took a pic of me and then I got a $250 ticket in the mail!! Yikes!  I had to send a letter..and it was excused..my lesson..

DON'T GO NORMAL SPEED IN SCHOOL ZONES EVEN IN OFF HOURS!

""

Reply by Cortney

author of The Mommyhood Project 10/17/2012 5:42:11 PM

AHH! I got pulled over twenty minutes ago for the first time ever. By a WALKING police officer, no less. Apparently I was a couple miles over the speed limit and didn't realize it - my heart literally sunk! The funny thing is that my hubby makes fun of me for going ten miles UNDER the speed limit usually! He let me go with a warning...but I think they were letting everyone go with warnings, like they were making everyone aware of the speed limit on this road that runs between our neighborhood and another one. So glad I don't have to pay a fine and I will ALWAYS watch my speed on that road from now on!

""

Reply by Ginny Marie

author of Lemon Drop Pie 10/17/2012 8:30:38 PM

I will remember that...I do go the normal speed during off hours! This is good to know!

shari's profile picture
shari said ...
DON'T GO NORMAL SPEED IN SCHOOL ZONES EVEN IN OFF HOURS!

""

Reply by Ginny Marie

author of Lemon Drop Pie 10/17/2012 8:32:04 PM

I'm so glad you only got a warning! But I have never heard of being pulled over by a walking police officer! Now that is unique!

Cortney's profile picture
Cortney said ...
AHH! I got pulled over twenty minutes ago for the first time ever. By a WALKING police officer, no less. Apparently I was a couple miles over the speed limit and didn't realize it - my heart literally sunk! The funny thing is that my hubby makes fun of me for going ten miles UNDER the speed limit usually! He let me go with a warning...but I think they were letting everyone go with warnings, like they were making everyone aware of the speed limit on this road that runs between our neighborhood and another one. So glad I don't have to pay a fine and I will ALWAYS watch my speed on that road from now on!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Please be respectful of others' opinions. Keep it clean! Enjoy!

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS