Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Spring Break Stay at Home Suggestions

Started by Katie , author of ABC and 123 4/6/2010 4:17:27 PM
This week is Spring Break for my kids.  Today it is raining and storming like crazy.  What kinds of fun distraction activities might you suggest for early elementary aged students?  What are you doing with your kids to keep them busy and happy this Spring Break?  Looking forward to seeing your ideas!

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3
""

Reply by Katie

author of Katie's Nesting Spot 4/6/2010 4:37:51 PM
I really like the ideas I found via an email from parenting.com: Get Up and Go Games, Boredom Busters: Indoor Activities, Activities to Keep your Kids Busy, and Easing Cabin Fever.  Have briefly looked them over and a lot look like fun.  Sorry to hear you got rain, ours came overnight and this morning, so we did get some time outdoors.  Judging from the clouds rolling in the rain from the west side of the state has made its way over here.

""

Reply by Katie

author of ABC and 123 4/6/2010 7:11:14 PM

Thanks for the great links.  There are tons of fun suggestions there.  We will have to give soe of them a try for sure. 

We had the CRAZIEST storm this AM.  Our front yard flooded within 10 minutes of the rain starting...serious downpour.  I'm hopeful that tomorrow will be better!

""

Reply by maryanne

author of mama smiles 4/23/2010 1:38:05 PM
How about a bridge-building competition using toothpicks and marshmallows or craft sticks and glue? My kids are still pretty young, but those are both activities I want to try when they are a little older.

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS