Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

What are your grilling tips when hosting a party?

Started by Paula , author of bell'alimento authentic Italian cuisine 6/25/2012 3:00:10 PM

Now that school is out and the temperatures have skyrocketed summer has officially entered the building. For me that means it's the perfect time to break out the grill and invite friends and family over for get togethers. Grilling not only makes the food taste fantastic, it helps keep the house COOL and dishes to a minimum (you know how much I loathe doing dishes).

Over the years I've learned a few tricks to help me be the hostess with the mostess which is preferable to the one who's miserable and always attached the grill. Naturally because I like you I'm going to share.

Grilling Tips & Tricks:
1. As ridiculous as this may sound, check your propane tank or charcoal/lighter the day before your get together to ensure that you have enough. Nothing worse than stepping over to the grill with a group around just to find out your tank is on empty.

2. Clean the grill. A clean grill is a happy grill. Invest in a nice wire brush.

3. Prep. Prep and prep some more. Once you've decided on your menu have everything ready to go BEFORE your guests are scheduled to arrive.

4. To keep food from sticking to the grill rub it with a little vegetable oil.

5. Invest in a meat thermometer. This will ensure you that your meats are cooked to perfection. No more guessing, no more cutting things open and letting all the juices that you've worked so hard to keep in flow out.

Grilled Good Eats:

Grilled Flank Steak

Grilled Steak Kebabs

Grilled Peaches

So go ahead and get your grill on!

Baci!

These are just a few of my tips for grilling while also being the host. I would love if you would share your tips with me! One of my lucky readers who answers below will win a $25 Sears Gift Card! 

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sears. The opinions and text are all mine. Official Sweepstakes Rules.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7
Great tips! I love my meat thermometer and it had been missing for a good while. I finally found it next to the grill!

My best tip? Have the man do all the grilling. And clean up.

""

Reply by Brandi

author of Bran Appetit 6/25/2012 4:13:37 PM
fun! we love grilling. my best tip: invest in a GOOD grill. it will cost more up front, but it totally makes up for buying cheap and having it break or stop working in less than a year.

""

Reply by Angie

author of Eclectic Recipes 6/26/2012 7:53:29 AM
Have everything ready before and, and let one of the guys tend the grill.

""

Reply by Julie

7/2/2012 9:21:25 AM
My husband does the grilling-me I used to lol but either I would start something else and forget eat meat about 10 minutes after done grilling for the best flavor thanks aunteegem@yahoo.com

""

Reply by Kristen

author of Dine and Dish 7/2/2012 9:31:38 AM
Would you believe my husband does all of our grilling? I always have the biggest intentions to learn how, but our grill is on the fritz and he has "special tricks" for turning it on. It's kind of daunting!

""

Reply by Julie

7/18/2012 6:55:28 AM
My husband does the grilling..ask your guests if they could bring a dish keep it simple thanks aunteegem@yahoo.com

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

~ Play nice! (Just like on the playground -- bullies won't be tolerated!! Abusive language and/or insults will cause posts/topics to be deleted)
~ Have fun!
~ Come back often so you don't miss something important!

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS