Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

My Summer Escape

Started by kim , author of Todays Creative Blog 7/9/2012 4:00:10 AM

I'm spending most of July at my sisters home in Utah. My Summer Escape. I love spending time here because I LOVE HER BACKYARD! Seriously. (I also like her, but that backyard is daBomb) Keep reading because you could win a Sear $25 gift card by answering a simple question. patio decorating I am either sitting at the table under the amazing wisteria drinking my morning coffee or laying in the sun and swimming. outdoor patio That's my daily agenda while visiting my sister. What I love about her back yard the most is how it feels like an extension of her home. It's a common gathering place for kids and adults. It's what I always feel I'm going for in designing my own back yard patio area. backyard patio My must haves for a backyard oasis are comfortable & stylish furniture. If you have stylish comfortable outdoor furniture, people will gather. Looking through Sears Simple Outdoors digital catalog will give you lots of great ideas for outdoor and patio furniture. 

Now that I have shared what turns my backyard into my perfect summer oasis, I want to know what you’ve done to transform your backyard into your oasis. One of my lucky readers will win a $25 Sears gift card!

Need help finding your own pieces for your backyard? Sears is bringing the ease of searching for those perfect pieces with their recently launched iPad digital catalog. On your computer? Don't fear, Sears has an amazing digital catalog built just for you.

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sears. The opinions and text are all mine. Official Sweepstakes Rules.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 17
""

Reply by Megan

author of The Pendleton House 7/9/2012 7:25:24 AM
My *REAL* backyard is going to have a nice deck to go along with our current concrete patio and we're building onto my daughter's swing set to make it more of her oasis. We have patio furniture but would love more, including a 6 seater table and some umbrellas to provide shade. My *DREAM* backyard would be above plus a fish pond with a waterfall. Hubs said I could have it but said I'd be the one building it since he doesn't want it and a hot tub would be really nice!

""

Reply by Tara

7/9/2012 8:11:02 AM
I have something new coming into bloom every 2 weeks, all year. A Conservatory with chandelier, lamps, antique table, wood stove, couch, books & more. A chinoiserie chicken coop, a pond, circular stone terrace edged with brick & billowing shrubs, a gravel terrace at the bay window with a pair of adirondack chairs, a woodland walk along the side of my home is woodchips edged with tree limbs & hosta/helleborus/ferns with azaleas-camellias-hydrangeas thriving, the potager is gravel with 3 raised beds for vegetables on axis with a stone table focal point and off to the side a teak chair for the serendipitous lunch. The patio has an arbor with ceiling fans, a harvest table, and a seating group off to the side, a tiny stone terrace is off the Conservatory with a collection of terra cotta, old metal garden tools are hanging on the fence behind the Conservatory. Every window of my home, 2 stories, looks out into my garden. Those views are art on the wall of my interior. Fragrance, birds, butterflies thrive in my garden, it's never boring. And my garden is easy to maintain. All of the above are my must-haves for my perfect backyard oasis. Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

A bit of shade, lots of surrounding green, a great table and comfy chair, either our iPad or a good book, a cold drink, mosquito repellant :( (let's be a bit realistic), and maybe a Twizzler or 3. Oh, and cicadas buzzing in the background- love that sound.

""

Reply by Livivua

author of Talk about Lucky---!!!! 7/9/2012 10:19:24 AM
I would use my hammock, the smell from the rose garden, and some music!

""

Reply by Laura

7/9/2012 11:19:15 AM
great cushions!

""

Reply by maria

7/9/2012 11:41:10 AM
I've not yet begun to work on my backyard, but I will

""

Reply by Susan

7/9/2012 1:41:55 PM
I haven't done anything to my backyard lately other than fence it in to keep the dogs from roaming. I want to get a new swing to put under the shade trees. Plus I want to re-do our deck. Built 19 yrs ago...so it is time. I also would love to put in a pool. Big dreams.

""

Reply by Kelly Ward

author of All things made by Kelly 7/9/2012 3:01:46 PM
I would love a nice fire-pit with comfortable seating around it.

""

Reply by Amber

7/9/2012 4:39:54 PM
I plan on spray painting my current patio a darker shade for a quick update and adding more fun/funky patterned pillows. Ideally I'd love a fire pit and some fun colored lights as well!

""

Reply by Kammy

7/9/2012 5:18:27 PM
A comfy chair to lay out in or under our pergola when the sun gets too hot and a fire pit for when the sun goes down!! :) I LOVE my backyard oasis!!!! (Although I'd sure love your sister's pool to go along with what I'v got!!)

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Be nice.

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS