Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

What are you giving your Mom for Mother's Day?

Started by Kristen , author of We Are THAT Family 4/28/2010 4:13:48 PM
Share your ideas here....a random commenter will win this awesome "Sweetest Mom Tea & Cookie Gift Basket!" It can be sent to you or your mom for Mother's Day! Ends soon!
 Product Details

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 29
""

Reply by Lynne

author of Our Happy Home 4/28/2010 4:27:53 PM
Hey! I could use some ideas!! I've given pics of the kiddos, flowers (outdoor), and candy. We usually host a brunch or lunch at our house for everyone.

I think a gift certificate to Kohls. She is one of those people that only shops for others, never for herself, because she is very...how do I say this nicely?...frugal. So the only time she shops for herself is if us kids give her a gift card!

""

Reply by Rachel

author of the science of music ♫ 4/28/2010 10:25:27 PM
I'm not sure what I'll do. I've been thinking about it and nothing seems to be as special as she is. If I give her an object, it'll have to be lightweight and small enough to fit in a suitcase. She'll be here the week after Mother's Day, but won't be here very long (she lives on the other side of the world). I may have to take her out for a "girl's night". Maybe a mini spa treatment or something.

""

Reply by Leigh

author of L Miller Photography 4/28/2010 10:37:06 PM
I actually just did a "painting" for my mom to hang on her fridge - just like I did when I was a kid.  We already had the paint out for a craft, and I just started having fun.  I think she'll like it... she's hung up my kids' artwork for a while, but it's been a long time since one of my pictures hung on her fridge!

""

Reply by Courtney

author of Our Crazy Wonderful Life 4/28/2010 11:21:12 PM
I bought an apron with a bible verse on it for my MIL.  She loves stuff like that.  I haven't got my mother anything yet.  She is super hard to buy for.  Hoping to find some good ideas on here.

""

Reply by Katie

author of Crafts by Katie 4/28/2010 11:58:58 PM
I'm creating a special photo album. You can see what they look like here : http://www.etsy.com/shop/katiescraftcorner  if you're looking for inspiration.  I've also taken pictures of the grandkids, cut out flower shapes with the faces in the center and glued those to sticks and tucked them into flowerpots that I've painted. Kind of like Grandma's little flower garden.

""

Reply by kelly

author of Summer Time in Corsica 4/29/2010 2:02:28 AM
I am not sure yet...but something really meaning full like the circle of hope hope chest necklace or a adoption necklace of some sort.

""

Reply by Betsy

author of Our Beautiful Life Blog 4/29/2010 8:16:08 AM
Well we are moving at the end of May and my mom is heartbroken. (I think she will miss the grandkids more than me).  I went to our local computer store and bought her a webcam so she can chat online with the kiddos anytime she'd like. I know she will love being able to see them and not just talk to them on the phone.

""

Reply by Tracey

author of Make Room For... 4/29/2010 9:33:34 AM
A Tupperware celery keeper--she really wants it and has everything!

""

Reply by Delishhh

author of — Delishhh 4/29/2010 10:54:08 AM

I just had a post on this today, my top 10 things related to food and kitchen items. http://www.delishhh.com

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Play nice.

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS