Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Family Game Day with KING’S HAWAIIAN®

Started by Stacie , author of Simply Stacie - Product and Book Reviews and Giveaways and More! 9/17/2012 7:00:10 AM

My dad is a HUGE hockey fanatic and I always remember him taking me to the rink to watch our local team play. My dad also played hockey and still does! He's on the Old Timers league now and was always very passionate about the sport. During the Stanley Cup playoffs, we would always have a house full of people surrounding the TV in the basement. Of course, there was drinks and lots of good food. 

John, my fiance, also enjoys a good game of hockey and he confiscates the TV remote when his team is playing. Often times, he will have friends over from work and sometimes without giving me even a moment's notice! When I do have time to prepare though, I can make sure that we have a good spread of food and drinks available to our guests. 

One surefire hit is Sirloin Cheeseburgers with Bacon & Horseradish Mayo. They never last long and usually the guys always want seconds!

This weekend I made them with King's Hawaiian Hamburger Buns. They were soft and had just a tiny bit of sweetness to them making them the perfect complement to the spicy bite of the horseradish mayo. Let's just say that this entire package was all gone at the end of our dinner!

This recipe is perfect for all you folks that love tailgating! Check King's Hawaiian for a store near you to find these delicious hamburger buns.

Sirloin Cheeseburgers with Bacon & Horseradish Mayo

• 1 King's Hawaiian Original Hawaiian Sweet Hamburger Buns
  • 6 Sirloin hamburgers (or use your favourite burger recipe)
  • 6 slices of Swiss cheese
  • 6 slices of bacon, cooked
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 2 tbsp. sour cream
  • 2 tbsp. prepared horseradish
  • salt & pepper to taste

1. Mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, horseradish and salt & pepper and set aside in the refrigerator. 

2. Grill the hamburgers until they are cooked. I use the George Foreman grill for mine and it takes about 8 minutes for them to cook.

3. Open your hamburger buns and spread the horseradish mayo on the bottom bun. Add a slice of bacon, broken up into two pieces, on each bun. Add a slice of Swiss cheese and then the hamburger patty. I also like to add a little bit horseradish mayo on top of the burger.

Makes 6 burgers.

KING'S HAWAIIAN has an all-star line-up of sandwich products which includes: Mini Sub Rolls, Sandwich Buns, and Hamburger Buns and Hotdog buns.

Whether you are at your kid’s game or the stadium, KING'S HAWAIIAN is a great choice for a family tailgate.

What is your family’s favorite part of game day? Comment below and be entered for a chance to win $200 to put towards your next game day event. 

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kings Hawaiian. The opinions and text are all mine.  Official Sweepstakes Rules.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 116
""

Reply by Kim

9/17/2012 9:31:29 AM
Sitting together and then eating lots of yummy food that my husband cooked.

""

Reply by Stacey

9/17/2012 9:32:13 AM
all the great finger foods

""

Reply by Amy

9/17/2012 9:34:32 AM
The Hubby & Kids screaming at the T.V.

""

Reply by Cathy

9/17/2012 9:36:28 AM
Spending time together watching the game!

""

Reply by Shannon

9/17/2012 9:37:29 AM
Taco dip served in a King's Hawaiian Sweet Round Bread

""

Reply by Laura

9/17/2012 9:39:34 AM
Dressing in our favorite jerseys and preparing delicious snacks for the games!

""

Reply by Rae

9/17/2012 9:39:50 AM
all the snack food!

""

Reply by Tara

9/17/2012 9:40:37 AM
Our family's favorite part of game day is spending time together. We may not be rooting for the same teams, but we tend to have meaningful conversations during half time and commercials.

""

Reply by Brenda

9/17/2012 9:41:55 AM
My favorite part of game day is everyone, family and friends, gathering together to watch the game and cheer for our favorites, laughing, talking, just spending quality time together, and enjoying special occasion snack foods. We always have a huge spread of really good food that we rarely have any other time, except for game day!!! This recipe for Sirloin Cheeseburgers with Bacon & Horseradish Mayo, made with King's Hawaiian Buns, looks really yummy and we will definitely try it!!

""

Reply by Diane

9/17/2012 9:42:50 AM
Having everyone together to eat great food and share great memories.Also to make bets to see who will lose and have to do the losers strut out on the lawn shouting the name of the winners!!LOL Fun times

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS