Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Inspired by a Princess

Started by Stacie , author of Simply Stacie - Product and Book Reviews and Giveaways and More! 7/25/2012 7:00:10 AM

My family is mostly girls. I have two sisters, two daughters and out of 20 cousins, only four of them were boys. Because of this, I have lots of experience with girls and the toys and movies they like. Plus, I was once a little girl myself!

As I child I always dreamed of being a princess and living in a castle. My mom said I had a very active imagination and could play for hours entertaining myself with my toys. I remember watching my favorite movie, Cinderella, over and over again and listening to the soundtrack on my record player. I loved the song, A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes, and hearing it now reminds me so much of my childhood.

Image Credit

The story of Cinderella reminds me to never give up hope and have faith that things can and will turn out for the best. It's positive thinking and believing in yourself and these are qualities I inspire to achieve in my life and my girls. The moral of the story is don't stop dreaming and believing. It's a simple, yet profound message I think.

Cinderella took a bad situation and made it better. Sure, she did it with a fairy godmother and a little magic, but she also did not sit around feeling sorry for herself. As the saying goes, she was handed lemons and she made lemonade. As I've gotten older I've realized that its all in perception and how you view the situation. You can look at all the negatives and feel bad or you can try to see the positives and focus on your inner strength during hard times. To me, that's inspiring.

My youngest daughter, Bridget, is following in my footsteps and wants to be a princess who lives in a castle when she grows up. I told her she can be whatever her heart desires!

Win a Princess Cruise for a Family of 4

Make your kids feel like royalty! Rent Kiara or another Family Fun title from Redbox between 7/9 and 7/28 for a chance to win a Princess Cruise for your family. Official Sweepstakes Rules

3 Easy ways to enter!                                                                                

1.       Rent a participating movie or game at a Redbox kiosk before 8/27 and enter your email at checkout. Click here for a complete list of participating titles

2.       Reserve a Summer Family Fun movie or game online before 8/27

3.       Go here to find out how to enter without renting

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Redbox. The opinions and text are all mine.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 11
How cool, the movie looks sweet too..would love to win!!

""

Reply by Jeannette

7/25/2012 10:35:55 AM
I always looked up to Belle from Beauty and the Beast when I was little because she could see past the outside and see true inner beauty..

""

Reply by Quality Mommy

author of Quality Mommy 7/25/2012 10:45:23 AM
I really enjoy Princess and The Frog! Also, I am very fond of Cinderella!

""

Reply by Darcy

author of Darcy & Brian 7/25/2012 10:56:06 AM
I've always identified with Snow White but I wouldn't say she inspires me. I find Belle and Merida pretty inspiring though.

""

Reply by Belinda

author of The Ordinary Aunt 7/25/2012 11:30:23 AM
I've always liked Bella from beauty and the beast. She knows that there is more to a person than how they look.

""

Reply by Nicole

author of Mama NYC 7/25/2012 12:58:51 PM
How cute is your daughter!!! I miss being so young + dressing up as a princess! Honestly, I think there is a little something to love about each character, so choosing one is hard! I am not sure which character is the MOST inspiring.. maybe Cinderella? She picked herself up and got out of a bad situation - and fell in love, too (right?!?) ;)

Ariel from the Little Mermaid is my favorite because she dared to dream something different!

""

Reply by Krystle

7/25/2012 10:19:05 PM
I always liked Belle because she didn't judge people based on their appearances!

I find Merida to be the most inspiring at present. I love how she did not need a man and how she wanted to go against societal norms and be her own person

""

Reply by Deb

8/1/2012 5:07:57 PM

I love Ariel the best, but my little one is a true fan of Belle. I believe that each character has something in them to admire.

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS