Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

An Unexpected Adventure with Toyota RAV4 Adventure Club Contest

Started by Stacie , author of Simply Stacie - Product and Book Reviews and Giveaways and More! 7/12/2012 9:00:10 AM

One of favorite things to do as a couple is to go out exploring. We love taking drives and hikes around the Annapolis Valley, NS and checking out the beautiful scenery. Neither John or I are from the area so it's all new territory for us. We often find ourselves being drawn to the water and both love the craggy coastline along the Bay of Fundy. 

This past week we went on a little day trip as part of the Toyota RAV4 Adventure Club to check out some new spots as well as revisit some of our favorites. The Toyota RAV4 Adventure Club encourages you to get out and explore your local area and uncover a new route.

Our first stop was Lake George outside of Aylesford, NS. There's not much of a beach though and the grass goes almost right up to the water. 

We got out and walked along the shore and spotted a family of loons! At first I thought they were ducks, but John pointed out a sign that said "Loon Watch". They were not afraid of people at all and I was able to get really close to take some photographs. 

We didn't have our swimsuits with us so unfortunately we couldn't go in the water. Next time I will have to be more prepared!

We headed back towards Middleton and I wanted to stop to take a picture of an apple orchard. The Annapolis Valley is known for it's apples and there are apple orchards everywhere!

Plus, there are farms everywhere! 

Our last stop on our route was Port George, NS, which is small community right on the coast of the Bay of Fundy. The tide was really low so we could see a lot of the rock and the water was a brownish color close to the shore. The Bay of Fundy actually has the world's highest tides so sometimes the view can be really spectacular! When the tide is really high, we often see seals really close to shore. It's truly something to see! 

Of course, how could a trip through Nova Scotia be complete without a lighthouse picture? There's lighthouse in every town that is on the coast and Port George has a pretty red and white one.

I encourage you to join the Toyota RAV4 Adventure Club at MapMyFitness and find a route in your area that you would like to try either with a run, bike ride, hike or even just a leisurely walk. If you can, bring your camera along since you never know what unexpected adventure may be awaiting you!

You can win $500! The reader who creates a route that receives the most votes will win.

Win a Tom Tom GO LIVE

Toyota motivated me to break out from the norm and discover a new route in my city. This experience taught me that there is an adventure waiting around every corner! Tell us about your unexpected adventure below for a chance to win a Tom Tom GO LIVE. 

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of the Toyota. The opinions and text are all mine. Sweepstakes Rules.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 45
""

Reply by Starla

7/12/2012 9:27:36 AM
We took a different route recently and came across a wonderful walking trail. It was once an old railroad that was paved over. We got out of our vehicle and walked about 4 miles. I was beautiful!!

""

Reply by Marilyn

7/12/2012 9:31:48 AM
My sisters and I went on an adventure trip to Tennessee and Georgia. Two of us live in New Jersey and the other drove up from Gainesville, FL. She had the GPS in her car. We wound our way around places we never dreamed about, ended up going into a cavern, took in a zoo, went to an aquarium, ate lunch by a river, enjoyed so many sights we never would have known about. We just entered things into the GPS and took off for places unknown! We went to Atlanta and figured out the city, as well. It was my first experience with a GPS and it was great. We did have some fun with the lady who kept saying "recalculating" when we decided to turn the wrong way!

""

Reply by Kayla

7/12/2012 9:33:08 AM
To tell you the truth, I don't have anything to share. :-( I've never had one but I hope that it doesn't make me unqualified.

""

Reply by Jeannine

7/12/2012 9:34:09 AM
On my last trip to California we drove through Sausalito and found some neat places to look at the bay. It was beautiful.

""

Reply by Jodie

7/12/2012 9:38:35 AM
My husband and I went out yard sale & junk shoping. We live in TN & ended up on the back roads of AL. If it wasn't for the GPS on my phone it would've taken us a lot longer to get home! We had a blast that day!

""

Reply by Crissy

author of Dear Crissy 7/12/2012 9:39:31 AM
Every time my family takes a vacation we have an unexpected adventure because things NEVER go as originally planned. Luckily, sometimes unexpected is better! :)

""

Reply by Dana

7/12/2012 9:40:13 AM
Living in Daytona Beach for several years I pretty much stuck to the normal beach scene on A-1 like most people but one day decided to do something different.I had heard some speak of a rather secluded area called "The Loop" which is located inland Daytona on a secluded highway.Was so beautiful with winding roads,large,gorgeous trees draping over the highway like a huge umbrella and breathtaking views of the fresh waters and local wildlife.I didn't have a Tom Tom so I had no idea where this journey was going to end up at but it was a fun adventure.

""

Reply by Dusty

author of As Mom Sees It 7/12/2012 9:42:14 AM
The whole attraction of adventures is that they're filled with unexpected surprises. I remember when my son was young, we decided to drive to Connecticut for a weekend. We didn't do any planning other than packing a few things. It was so much fun!

""

Reply by Deb

7/12/2012 9:43:16 AM

When the government first allowed GPS' to come to market, my late techie husband and I went out and bought on....well, they weren't as sophisticated as they are today. One Saturday morning we were out on an adventure. Since we had a Jeep he decided to go over mountains instead of around them because the GPS told us there was some sort of road. Well what should have been a 3 hour round trip tour turned out to be 10 hours....it was great. We saw parts of Pa. that we would have never seen....we met people we would have never had a chance to have done before and we can Jeep nose to a passing bear. The only bad part was that after being in a bouncing Jeep on back roads and trails my butt was numb.

""

Reply by Jessica

7/12/2012 9:43:51 AM

We had to go up to NY for my grandfathers funeral back in march. we didn't have enough money to fly 5 people up there so we drove. We got lost about 5 times on the way up there...lol i wish we had better navigation with a car full of frustrated people that all had different opinions of which way to go we were almost late for the wake. :) i wish we had a TOM TOM!
We had to go up to NY for my grandfathers funeral back in march. we didn't have enough money to fly 5 people up there so we drove. We got lost about 5 times on the way up there...lol i wish we had better navigation with a car full of frustrated people that all had different opinions of which way to go we were almost late for the wake. :) i wish we had a TOM TOM!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS