Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Board Games, Anyone?

Started by Amy , author of The Finer Things in Life 12/7/2011 11:00:10 PM

My husband has a Wii.  We splurged and surprised him with it for his 40th birthday.  The kids only play the Wii when we play as a family, and I'm not gonna tell you they don't enjoy it.  They do! 

Just as fun, though?  Board games!  The flashing lights and high tech thrill of video games simply don't hold a candle to classic board games in our house.  Lance was just saying tonight, "The kids are almost old enough for Monopoly.  I can't wait!  It's gonna be crazy fun.  Pieces everywhere, crying kids, and Daddy's gonna win!"  Ahem.  Keep it on the field, Daddy. 

All goofy competitiveness aside, we truly do enjoy playing games together.  I remember when we were (finally!) pregnant with our first, lying in bed at night dreaming together about what the future holds, we'd list out all the classic games we couldn't wait to play with our kids.  (Typing that sentence totally just made me tear up!)

Our older two have graduated from Chutes N Ladders and Candy Land. The LEGO Minotaurus game shown below will be under our tree December 25th.  Combining LEGOs with a board game?  Genius! 

Want to win some LEGO Board Games for your family to bond over?  Simply leave a comment in the discussion below for your chance at an awesome LEGO prize pack which includes 3 LEGO board games, a $30 iTunes gift card, and a copy of Gourmet Game Night. 

How are board games a bonding experience for your family? Reply for a chance to win one of five ultimate LEGO® Games prize packs!!

LEGO® Games are the world’s first collection of board games that can be built, played and changed, that delivers a whole new way for families to have fun together the LEGO way.  Whether challenging friends or family to a LEGO Game in a variety of themes and types – guessing, strategy, memory, logic and chance – no two LEGO Games experiences are ever the same! 

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of LEGO Systems. The opinions expressed by me do not necessarily reflect the view of the LEGO Brand.  Official Contest Rules

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 21 - 30 of 67
""

Reply by Leah

12/8/2011 9:16:00 AM
We LOVE family game night at our casa. AND my son is totally into the new lego games. It is awesome to see children have so much fun with board games vs. tv games. We too have a WII, but only play it about once a month for a game day or something, but either me or my husband plays with the kids.

""

Reply by Julie

12/8/2011 9:16:53 AM
We love the bonding experience that games provide! It's a great way to spend time together and laugh ALOT!

""

Reply by Kathy

12/8/2011 9:20:06 AM
Its one if the few times my kids will sit and play all together nicely. It so great having everyone around the table enjoying each others company.

""

Reply by Colleen

12/8/2011 9:20:54 AM
We love Uno Moo!

""

Reply by Jennifer

12/8/2011 9:25:05 AM
Board games help us bond because we are all interacting together instead of watching each other play the Wii, for example.

We absolutely love to play board games with our kids.

""

Reply by Sheila

12/8/2011 9:36:42 AM
We really enjoy playing board games as a family and can have some lively discussions as we play. We are very competitive as a family and that just adds spice to the game.

""

Reply by Jenni

12/8/2011 10:07:10 AM
We learn about practicing good sportsmanship while playing board games.

""

Reply by Jenni

12/8/2011 10:08:14 AM

""

Reply by Jenni

12/8/2011 10:08:28 AM

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS