Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Board Games, Anyone?

Started by Amy , author of The Finer Things in Life 12/7/2011 11:00:10 PM

My husband has a Wii.  We splurged and surprised him with it for his 40th birthday.  The kids only play the Wii when we play as a family, and I'm not gonna tell you they don't enjoy it.  They do! 

Just as fun, though?  Board games!  The flashing lights and high tech thrill of video games simply don't hold a candle to classic board games in our house.  Lance was just saying tonight, "The kids are almost old enough for Monopoly.  I can't wait!  It's gonna be crazy fun.  Pieces everywhere, crying kids, and Daddy's gonna win!"  Ahem.  Keep it on the field, Daddy. 

All goofy competitiveness aside, we truly do enjoy playing games together.  I remember when we were (finally!) pregnant with our first, lying in bed at night dreaming together about what the future holds, we'd list out all the classic games we couldn't wait to play with our kids.  (Typing that sentence totally just made me tear up!)

Our older two have graduated from Chutes N Ladders and Candy Land. The LEGO Minotaurus game shown below will be under our tree December 25th.  Combining LEGOs with a board game?  Genius! 

Want to win some LEGO Board Games for your family to bond over?  Simply leave a comment in the discussion below for your chance at an awesome LEGO prize pack which includes 3 LEGO board games, a $30 iTunes gift card, and a copy of Gourmet Game Night. 

How are board games a bonding experience for your family? Reply for a chance to win one of five ultimate LEGO® Games prize packs!!

LEGO® Games are the world’s first collection of board games that can be built, played and changed, that delivers a whole new way for families to have fun together the LEGO way.  Whether challenging friends or family to a LEGO Game in a variety of themes and types – guessing, strategy, memory, logic and chance – no two LEGO Games experiences are ever the same! 

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of LEGO Systems. The opinions expressed by me do not necessarily reflect the view of the LEGO Brand.  Official Contest Rules

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 67
""

Reply by Lesley

12/8/2011 5:43:24 AM
I play Monopoly and The Game of Life with my grandchildren up at camp where we have no tv. I learn so much about them through these games!

""

Reply by Emily

author of Apple of My Eye 12/8/2011 5:51:44 AM
My boys are still small (5 and 3), so we do LOTS of Candyland and Chute and Ladders. My 5 yr old is starting to graduated into some more complex games...he loves the game of Life, too!

""

Reply by Darla

12/8/2011 7:31:12 AM
Our favorite family activity to do at home is play board games or card games.

""

Reply by Catherine

12/8/2011 7:33:16 AM
What a great giveaway. Board games have always been a big part of my life & I can't wait to share that with my kids!

""

Reply by Lisa

12/8/2011 7:41:48 AM
Our boys love Legos and they love board games. Thanks for the opportunity to win.

""

Reply by Anne

12/8/2011 7:45:10 AM
This would be so perfect for my three little grandsons!

""

Reply by Lee

12/8/2011 7:56:28 AM
We like to play everything from Monopoly, to Upwords, Trouble and Uno. It's something fun to do as a family, and we talk more and interact more than if we are just watching t.v.

""

Reply by Angela

12/8/2011 8:10:14 AM
We are a dairy farming family so we don't get much time in the house together but when we do we LOVE to play games!! My kids always love taking turns picking which game we play and we have such a great time! My son loves Legos and I know he would love this game!

""

Reply by Amanda

12/8/2011 8:15:55 AM
Our favorite game is Qwirkle. So much fun!

""

Reply by Beth

12/8/2011 8:16:19 AM
Board games give us a chance to "practice" our relationship skills- sharing, taking turns, talking, competing, complimenting, and other essential social skills. We use the activity as a chance to interact and enjoy being with one another.

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS