Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Family Tailgating with KING’S HAWAIIAN®

Started by 24/7 MOMS / Trisha , author of 24/7 MOMS 9/12/2012 11:42:18 PM

Nate announced "I'm going to bed at 7:45 so that I can get a good night sleep" are not the typical words we hear each night out of our 10 year old sons  mouth.  Unless it is the night before a big game.  Football game that is. Yes, our little guy is in his third year of playing  football and he takes it seriously -  as if he is actually the tail back for the Green Bay Packers or some other NFL team.

Game Day is like a weekly celebration in our home - from pre-game and post game eating to making sure our football player is ready for the big game each Saturday. Making sure he gets enough sleep, water, and pre-game practice each week,

With the amount of energy and calories he is using up during each game day we make it a habit to celebrate post game with a hearty meal which often includes Hamburgers being that they are easy to grill anywhere from your tail gate parties  to your back yard BBQ's .

One of our favorite Dad recipes is our Football Onion Burgers on King's Hawaiian Hamburger buns.

Football Onion Burgers

Ingredients:

2 lbs Hamburger

1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup mix

Pepper to taste

King's Hawaiian hamburger buns

Condiments: Sliced Cheese, Lettuce, tomato, pickles, Mayo, Mustard and katsup

Instructions:

• Place hamburger in bowl and mix in onion soup mix and pepper - mix thoroughly.
  • Grill burgers until meat is no longer pink
  • Add sliced cheese just prior to removing from grill allowing it to melt
  • Place hamburgers on King's Hawaiian hamburger buns then allow each person to choose their own condiments to complete their burger.

To go along with our Football onion burgers we often serve Corn on the cob, sliced watermelon and Mom's Three Bean Potluck Casserole.

Check out all the great recipes that are perfect for both pre-game and post game celebration over on King's Hawaiian website.

KING'S HAWAIIAN has an all-star line-up of sandwich products which includes: Mini Sub Rolls, Sandwich Buns, and Hamburger Buns and Hotdog buns.

Whether you are at your kid’s game or the stadium, KING'S HAWAIIAN is a great choice for a family tailgate.

What is your family’s favorite part of game day? Comment below and be entered for a chance to win $200 to put towards your next game day event. 

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kings Hawaiian. The opinions and text are all mine.  Official Sweepstakes Rules.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3
""

Reply by Mary

9/13/2012 8:37:16 AM
Our favorite part is the eating, of course!

""

Reply by Lisa Brown

author of Lisa's Wishing Well 9/13/2012 3:35:09 PM
Halftime is our favorite part of the game so we can eat and chat.

""

Reply by Pam

9/19/2012 5:48:12 PM
the excitement of rooting for our favorite teams.

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS