Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Does Your Family have any Easter Traditions?

Started by Laced With Grace , author of Laced with Grace 3/15/2010 12:46:41 PM
I remember while growing up Mom made me a new Easter dress every year.  We would head on over to my grandparents place and in our new Easter dresses we would look for all the eggs that were hidden in her yard.

With my own kids, when they were little we colored eggs, we did the empty tomb cookies, and hid eggs for them to find.

What about your family?

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 1 of 1
""

Reply by Joan

author of The Beauty in His Grip 4/9/2010 2:19:58 PM

I know this is an older discussion, however, I wanted to join in.  When I was little, we would always dye eggs before Easter.  I loved to do that, but at the time, I didn't like hardboiled eggs!  I looked forward to my Easter basket with what I considered "real" Easter eggs -- you know, the chocolate kind!  We would wear our new Easter dresses to church and always have a big family dinner afterward.  Several years in a row, I baked an Easter Bonnet cake from the ancient Betty Crocker cookbook.  It was very cute...and tasty!  When I grew up and had a family of my own, I followed the same traditions, but added going to the sunrise service at church when it was offered!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Be nice, clean and respectful!

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS