Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Redbox Summer Fun and Princesses

Started by angie , author of sevenclowncircus.com 7/23/2012 11:00:10 PM

My girls would kill me if they knew I said this out loud {or wrote it on my blog} but they loved dressing up like princesses when they were young.

Much younger.  

I'm clarifying that just in case they happen to see this.  {smiling}

They particularly liked to dress up as princesses that were strong and independent and beat the odds.  Like Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty.  I'm not exaggerating when I tell you that we had boxes and boxes of princess dress up clothing.

Sofia - Rapunzel

I'm happy to report that my niece is also inspired by strong and independent princesses and she particularly loves Rapunzel. She loves that she is brave enough to let down her long hair and escape the tower.

We just rented Kiara from Redbox and noticed a common them. Modern-day princesses, just like the princesses that my girls admired, inspire girls to be strong and independent!  They teach them that by using their brain and in most cases hard work, too, they can figure out a solution to their problem and overcome the odds.  They teach the children that rather than sit back and accept defeat they can think of ways to solve problems and then actively try to come up with a way to change the outcome.  

Have you noticed the same theme?

Make your kids feel like royalty! Rent Kiara or another Family Fun title from Redbox between 7/9 and 7/28 for a chance to win a Princess Cruise for your family. Official Sweepstakes Rules

3 Easy ways to enter!                                                                                

1.       Rent a participating movie or game at a Redbox kiosk before 8/27 and enter your email at checkout. Click here for a complete list of participating titles

2.       Reserve a Summer Family Fun movie or game online before 8/27

3.       Go here to find out how to enter without renting

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Redbox. The opinions and text are all mine.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5
""

Reply by Arnebya

author of What Now and Why 7/24/2012 10:40:04 AM
How have I missed this movie, Kiara? I'll have to look it up. While my girls are past the typical princess loving age, my 8 yr old still sorta kinda likes to play dress up.

""

Reply by Rachelle

7/24/2012 11:18:22 AM
My all time classic favorite is definitely Cinderella. My life sometimes felt like her while growing up. It was nice to know that there was a light at the end of the tunnel!

I love the princess from Tangled. I love that she overcomes her fear of the unknown to embark on her biggest adventure and to find her rightful place in the world. It's a lovely story for that reason. I also love the girl from Princess and the Frog because she overcomes so many obstacles to live her dream of being an independent business owner...obviously it would help if I remembered their names....ha!

""

Reply by Dumb Mom

author of Parenting by Dummies 7/24/2012 7:23:42 PM
Oh, Rapunzel! I love her too. The Dudes were hooked on Tangled for a while.

""

Reply by Lolli

author of Better in Bulk 7/24/2012 8:39:22 PM
I'm going to have to go with Cinderella. I love that she worked hard and didn't complain. And she had a happy life in the end, despite her challenges. I bet her castle was pretty clean once she married Prince Charming. :)

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS