Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Arm & Hammer Baking Soda (Home Use) Challenge

Started by The Happy Housewife , author of The Happy Housewife 7/24/2012 5:00:10 AM

When the folks at Arm & Hammer asked me to switch out one of my current products for baking soda I had a hard time figuring out what I could switch. I use baking soda for everything!

After going back and looking at my 49 uses for baking soda I noticed that there was one thing I hadn't tried yet, using baking soda to remove marks from the walls. In a house with seven kids I have no shortage of marks on the walls, especially those made by little hands holding crayons or markers. I had been using a special sponge to remove the marks, but I was hesitant to let my children use the sponge because I've heard about kids getting skin irritation from it.

Since baking soda is harmless, I can let the perpetrator of the crime (markers and crayons on the wall) remove their artwork using baking soda.

Over the next few weeks we'll be using Arm & Hammer baking soda to clean the walls and I'll report back to share how well it worked. Actually I say we, but I really mean the three year old with the marker box, but I'll be supervising all the same.

The maker of ARM & HAMMER® products challenged me to switch to ARM & HAMMER Baking Soda and this summer, they are giving away $12,000 in the ARM & HAMMER Switch & Save Challenge Sweepstakes. To be entered to win one (1) of twelve (12) $1,000 prizes, simply reply to the question below!

Remember to join other ARM & HAMMER Switch & Save conversations for even more chances to win!

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Arm & Hammer. The opinions and text are all mine. Official Sweepstakes Rules.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 19
""

Reply by Lisa

7/24/2012 9:05:51 AM
I scrub my sink with baking soda and a bit of dish detergent... then I rinse it into the garbage disposal with some white vinegar. I get a clean sink and a fresh(er) smelling disposal. :)

""

Reply by Jessica

author of Jessica's Casserole 7/24/2012 9:12:58 AM
My #1 use for baking soda is science projects with the kids.

""

Reply by Dona

7/24/2012 10:04:32 AM
Number one use is making volcanoes for the kids! ;) Second use is keeping a fresh box in my frig and freezers to absorb nasty smells.

""

Reply by Jaime

7/24/2012 10:49:09 AM
I use it to clean our toilets and sinks!

""

Reply by sarah

author of Sarah's Test Kitchen 7/24/2012 10:52:37 AM
I like using baking soda to clean my fruits and veggies. I also like to make my own air freshener by mixing with some essential oils and putting in a mason jar with paper (with poked holes) as the lid.

""

Reply by Lisa

7/24/2012 11:17:04 AM
washing dishes

""

Reply by Shannon

7/24/2012 11:42:56 AM
Making Laundry Detergent!

""

Reply by The Organized Wife

author of The Organized Wife 7/24/2012 4:00:11 PM
Our main use for baking soda is to wash hair! We use Arm & Hammer baking soda (1 tbsp in 1 cup of water) as a no-poo hair wash and then 1 tbsp vinegar in 1 cup of water as a conditioner. It works wonders for hair, especially my curly locks.

""

Reply by Katie

7/24/2012 8:30:07 PM
Making homemade fruit and veggie wash.

""

Reply by Selene

7/24/2012 8:56:52 PM
Laundry additive

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

We are all entitled to our own opinions, but let's use our big girl words when sharing them.

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS