Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

A New Challenge

Started by Linda K , author of Lord…What Were You Thinking?! | Life – in joy & sorrow alike there is 6/25/2012 12:21:17 PM

Oh boy, what have I gotten myself into now?!

Yesterday, my oldest son, Shawn, completed his first Ironman. We sat by the phone for 12 hours waiting for updates from our daughter-in-law. It was exciting and scary. But, at the same time, this is our son who always lives on the edge. So, we should be used to it.

I posted on Facebook: "Think you can, or think you can't - either way - you'll be right" (anonymous). Little did I know that would come back to haunt me today! 

He finished 1 hour earlier than his goal! It was SO exciting and inspiring. Here's just how inspiring it was: I have already signed up for a half-marathon in October with 5 of my nieces and nephews (one has never run before). This will be my fourth.

That son of mine (I'm not sure how this happened) has corrupted my mind! I decided to run (shhhhh!) the full marathon. I told my husband and my son (so he can help me with the nutrition part), but no one else.

This is insane!

So, I started this community for support (giving and receiving). Anyone out there interested in a health challenge?  Whether this is new to you, or you have been living a healthy lifestyle for a long time, I would love to hear your story.

We can share dreams and goals, set-backs and successes.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

No replies yet. Be the first!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Post & Join Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS