Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Redbox Summer Family Fun Post 2

Started by Becca , author of Mama B 7/17/2012 10:00:10 PM

There are so many princess movies nowadays, but I love the "classics". Growing up, I loved reading fairytales and daydreaming the day away. I looked up to all the princesses, but Mulan was always (and still is) my favorite. She wasn't the cookie cutter princess, as she wore a shield and sword instead of a beautiful gown, but I liked that she was different. Because I come from an oriental background, I felt that I could relate most to Mulan. I was never a super girly girl so it was nice to idolize a princess that wasn't all about the frills and riches. I found the movie to be so inspiring and loved how Mulan pretended to be a man so she could go off to war in her fathers place. Unlike other princesses, Mulan wasn't out to get swept off her feet by Prince Charming, and that was a nice change of pace.

I have so many Mulan (and other princesses) collector dolls that I can now pass on to Sophia.

Mulan is strong willed, fearless, and selfless, all character traits that I hope my daughter will posses. 

Who is your favorite princess or fairytale character? 

Make your kids feel like royalty! Rent Kiara  or another Family Fun title from Redbox between 7/9 and 7/28 for a chance to win a Princess Cruise for your family. Official Sweepstakes Rules

3 Easy ways to enter!                                                                                

1.       Rent a participating movie or game at a Redbox kiosk before 8/27 and enter your email at checkout. Click here for a complete list of participating titles

2.       Reserve a Summer Family Fun movie or game online before 8/27

3.       Go here to find out how to enter without renting

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Redbox. The opinions and text are all mine.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5
""

Reply by Marcie

author of Obviously Marvelous 7/18/2012 9:08:56 AM
I like Belle, who was taught to look past physical appearances and stereotypes!

""

Reply by Desiree

7/19/2012 3:52:46 PM
I to like Belle, she was unselfish and knew her father wouldn't survive in the castle dungeon so took his place and looked past the beasts rough appearance and personality to find the true beauty inside.

""

Reply by Jennifer

author of Double Duty Mommy 7/20/2012 12:57:43 PM
Belle for sure!

""

Reply by Nikole

7/23/2012 4:46:18 PM
Mulan has always been my favorite! I do not have any Oriental background, but my daughter does, and I love that Mulan has become one of her favorites as well :)

""

Reply by Maria

7/27/2012 1:23:16 PM
Belle!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS