Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Redbox Summer Family Fun Post 2

Started by Mama Mary , author of The Mama Mary Show | Life, Loss, Kids and Other Four Letter Words 7/12/2012 2:30:10 AM

Yesterday I asked mykids the question, “Who is your favorite princess?”

Having just rolled credits on the animated movie, Kiara, my four
year old, responded with, “Kiara!”

I should’ve known she’d say that since Kiara was fresh on the brain,
and four year olds don’t think past their nose.

“Really? I asked. “Really? Kiara?”

*Nods*

“Okay then, why is she your favorite?”

“Because she’s cute.”

Hmmph. Secretly hoping for a deeper response involving a strong princess who inspires her so I could blog about it, I asked my "almost-six-year-old" the same question.

“Lily, who is your favorite princess?”

“Ariel. Because she has red hair, she’s a mermaid and she can sing underwater.”

Boom! Now that is something to aspire towards. I mean who doesn't want the ability to sing underwater?

I don’t really know what I was expecting from such young minds when I asked the question. Their young minds care only about what’s going on at the moment. And I don't think they have the foggiest notion of what "inspires" means. They just know what's cute, who sings well and who makes them smile. And really, that's all that should matter right now anyway.

I thought about my own answer to the question and my immediate thought was Rapunzel. She is sassy, smart and willing to sacrifice
her long locks of power and magic to save the life of the person she loves. Now that is inspirational. I mean, what if she looked bad with short hair. Kidding! Kind of.

My second answer would be Doc McStuffins, even though she's not a princess. Doc is an awesome role model for kids. She shows creativity, caring, initiative, courage and brains by taking care of all those broken, effed up toys. I think she's Disney's best little girl character in a long while.

This entire conversation about inspirational characters came up as a result of my on-going promotion with Redbox. If you rent Kiara, or another Family Fun title, from Redbox between 7/9 and 7/28 you will be entered for a chance to win a Princess Cruise for your family. Official Sweepstakes Rules

3 Easy ways to enter!                                                                                

1.       Rent a participating movie or game at a Redbox kiosk before 8/27 and enter your email at checkout. Click here for a complete list of participating titles

2.       Reserve a Summer Family Fun movie or game online before 8/27

3.       Go here to find out how to enter without renting

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Redbox. The opinions and text are all mine.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4
""

Reply by Jen

author of Buried With Children 7/12/2012 12:15:58 PM
I have to agree with your girls... I like Ariel. Always have and I think I always will.

""

Reply by Laura

7/12/2012 5:20:01 PM
Belle. Hands down. Book smart, brave and able to see the goodness inside despite the ugliness outside.

""

Reply by Stefanie

7/12/2012 9:46:55 PM
Merida from Brave. Because she didn't need no man.

""

Reply by Lisa

7/13/2012 12:33:05 AM
I've always liked Mulan. She proves her worth as a woman in a male chauvinistic society. She kicks ass, defeats the Huns and saves all of China. You go girl! And, I love the song "reflection".

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS