Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Redbox Family Fun with Dino Dan!

Started by Becca , author of Mama B 7/8/2012 9:00:10 PM

It has been one hot, hot, hot summer so we've been doing all we can to say cool. Pool trips and park days have been limited because I don't want Sophia in the hot sun for too long, so I try to find fun things around the house for us to do each day. Having 2 active little boys inside all day is bound to be full of surprises. As the summer has passed us by, I have enjoyed watching my kids use their imaginations each day. Whether it's playing doctor and going in for a check up or pretend grocery shopping, it's amusing to see how much they entertain themselves and each other.

We have been watching a lot of movies lately and RedBox has been such a lifesaver this summer. We recently rented "Dino Dan: Dino Trackers - Ready? Set? Dino!" and the kids loved it!

Follow the adventures of paleontologist-in-training Dan Henderson as he imagines dinosaurs into the real world! Join Dan as he plays a game of chase with his prehistoric pals, tracks down a mysterious dinosaur and learns how dinos got their names. Dan uses the scientific method to gather clues and solve mysteries. Dino Trackers is filled with five action-packed adventures full of discovery!

The movie was a great source of inspiration for my boys to use their imaginations. Adam was already a fan of dinosaurs, but after watching Dino Dan, he was off exploring around the house and naming his little dino collection and making them come to life. He definitely has quite the imagination! The things he comes up with can keep me laughing all day! 

Ignite your child’s imagination this summer! Rent Dino Dan: Dino Trackers / Ready? Set? Dino! and other Family Fun movies & games from Redbox this summer and you could win one of three family vacations, including a trip four to Toronto for walk-on role in Dino Dan (if you rent before 7/8)! Official Sweepstakes Rules

3 Easy ways to enter!

1.       Rent a participating movie or game at a Redbox kiosk before 8/27 and enter your email at check out. Click here for a complete list of participating titles

2.       Reserve a Summer Family Fun title online

3.       Go here to find out how to enter without renting

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Redbox. The opinions and text are all mine.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 52
""

Reply by Theresa

7/9/2012 10:25:50 AM
My son loves Dino Dan!!

""

Reply by DonnaJean

7/9/2012 12:26:41 PM
They get to put themselves in character for weeks after and pretend time is awesome!

""

Reply by Megan

7/9/2012 12:52:28 PM
My little one isn't born yet, but movies are a great way to introduce new ideas and encourage young imaginations. I love how kids will get into character, whether it be wrangling dinos, swimming with fish, or weilding imaginary swords and triumphing over fire breathing dragons. Kids need the visual stimulus provided by movies and they also need to be encouraged to expand their imaginations to truely realize their potential.

""

Reply by Stephanie

author of The Hanes Family 7/9/2012 12:59:35 PM

My kids are 2 and almost 4 and I love watching them play because the things they learn from movies spark such dramatic play. Their imaginations amaze me. One morning, after watching a movie about bears, my son starting chasing his big sister around the house "roaring" at her. She said, "No, I'm a princess!" and he said, "I'm a bear!" :)

Also, watching movies like LeapFrog or SuperWhy have sparked their desire to learn too.  They point out letters and are even recognizing some already.  I caught my almost 4 year old daughter writing the first two letters of her name without my help the other day!

""

Reply by Meg

author of Family Happenings 7/9/2012 1:06:09 PM
It gives them the beginning of a story and then they use their imagination to to act out the story with what they have on hand. Sometimes it is quite comical the props that they use.

""

Reply by Vanessa Coker

author of PsMamae 7/9/2012 2:12:29 PM
Awesome stuff! My son already loves Dinos himself. It definitely sparks his imagination as he goes about saying "rawr" for days!

""

Reply by Anne

7/9/2012 3:19:10 PM
A vacation sounds amazing!! We have been watching a lot of nick jr. to stay cool this summer/pregnancy.

""

Reply by Brandy

7/9/2012 4:51:25 PM
Movies put you in another world and give you a model for creativity.

""

Reply by Christina

7/9/2012 6:37:50 PM
Although my little one hasn't made her arrival yet, my nephew would love this! I'll have to rent it when he visits from FL in a few weeks.

""

Reply by Lexi

7/9/2012 8:02:11 PM
my son would love this!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS