Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

International Delight Iced Coffee Summer Sweepstakes!

Started by Liza , author of (a)Musing Foodie 7/5/2012 4:00:10 AM

I love the opportunity to try and take a great recipe, tweak it, and make it even better. Or at least just as good.

June 26 was National Chocolate Pudding Day, a national holiday that can make even the grumpiest of grumps smile over a bowl of rich, creamy chocolatey goodness.

I sort my food holidays on a special Pinterest board so that I can keep track easily, and for June's pudding celebration I pinned a recipe from smitten kitchen that she adapted from another chef/blogger.

I mean, how could you not stare at her endless photos and not want to lick the screen make the recipe yourself?

So I did.

Except I elevated it with International Delight's new Iced Coffee. Because you know how well mocha and chocolate go together. Like PB&J, or pork chops and applesauce (that's a "Brady Bunch" reference for you young-ins).

That.

Rich Chocolate Mocha Pudding

Prep: 5 minutes | Cook: 25 minutes | Chill: 12 hours | Yield: 8 servings

Ingredients

• 1/4 cup cornstarch
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 2 cups heavy cream
  • 1 cup International Delight Mocha Iced Coffee
  • 6-ounces 60% dark chocolate chips
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Directions

Combine the cornstarch, sugar and salt in the bowl of a double boiler, and then place the bowl atop simmering water. Add the cream and International Delight Mocha Iced Coffee all at once, whisking everything together. Cook for 20-25 minutes, whisking occasionally, until the mixture begins to thicken just enough to coat the back of a spoon.

Add the chocolate chips and stir until they have completely melted, about 4-5 minutes. Remove the bowl from heat, whisk in the vanilla, and then pour the chocolate mixture through a fine mesh strainer into another bowl - this makes sure your pudding is lump free and smooth as silk!

Pour the pudding mixture into individual serving cups and refrigerate, covered with plastic wrap, until they're set.

Like skin on top of your pudding? Make sure the plastic wrap doesn't touch the pudding while it's cooling.

Prefer no skin on top of your pudding? Gently press the plastic wrap on top of the pudding, then set it in the fridge to cool.

International Delight is celebrating summer by giving away 1,000 half gallons of Iced Coffee each day! Grab your free drinks here!

Now, it's your turn to celebrate! Enter to win $500 toward your ideal Summer Party by completing these two simple steps:

1. Pin my Iced Coffee Recipe photo on Pinterest. 

2. Come back! In the comment field below, tell me you pinned and share your favorite taste of summer! 

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine. International Delight Iced Coffee Sweepstakes and Rules.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2
""

Reply by Tiffany

7/5/2012 7:59:22 AM
Ice cold coffee (blended with the ice, blended) with home-made whipped cream on top. Pure perfection.

""

Reply by April

7/5/2012 9:28:31 AM
I pinned your recipe and wanna be entered in the ssweepstakes, I absolutely am hooked on international delight!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS