Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Bausch + Lomb Sponsored Conversation

Started by Kenda , author of Remaking June Cleaver - my name is not "mommy" 6/19/2012 7:00:10 AM

I can still remember being a young girl in the late 1980s ; standing in my family's kitchen, bending backwards (literally) so that my mother could place small pieces of plastic in my eyes. I thought these plastic bits were magic. They kept me from being called "four eyes". They allowed me to shove my plastic framed, thick lens glasses in a drawer to collect dust. They made playing and swimming fun again. 

They changed my life.

Now I'm not such a young girl anymore, but I've always kept contact lenses on hand at all times. Thankfully the technology behind them has changed and correcting my vision 'invisibly' is even easier with monthly soft contact lenses.

With monthly lenses I could finally stop worrying about ripping or losing a lens taking it in and out every day. Anything that makes me worry less is a miracle. And, while I love the low maintenance, it does have side effects. Age, stress and long hours spent staring at a computer screen wreak havoc with my eyes - and my lenses. At the end of the day, when it comes time for bed, my eyes are bloodshot, dry and sore. I always thought "Saline is saline. Brands don't matter." and bought whatever was on sale or available. Then, time and time again, not only did the moisture ware off within hours - I would also wince any time I used the solution because it would burn my eyes. It was like I'd doused my eyeballs in alcohol. But I didn't think anything was wrong. I'd use everything from the store brand to Opti-free; they all dry out. They all burn.  After a while I just thought that's how it goes. It's the price you pay. I didn't realize there was a better choice.

That's why I'm making the decision to switch to Biotrue® multi-purpose solution.

Biotrue multi-purpose contains a lubricant found in your eyes, and its balanced to match the pH of healthy tears. Biotrue cushions and rehydrates lenses for comfortable wear up to 20 hours. Plus, it kills harmful microorganisms on the lens that can cause corneal damage and vision loss.That's great news for me and my eyes. Now I'll look forward to rehydrating at night - instead of dreading it.

Switch out your solution today and see the difference yourself - take the Biotrue Challenge!

Thanks to Bausch + Lomb, one of my readers could be one (1) of ten (10) exclusive winners of a 1-year supply of Biotrue® multi-purpose contact lens solution!

Leave a comment sharing what changes you're making to be more comfortable at the end of day!

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Bausch & Lomb. The opinions and text are all mine. Bausch + Lomb BlogFrog Biotrue Challenge Sweepstakes Rules.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 21
I've always loved Bausch and Lomb lenses, but I haven't tried the Biotrue. They sound great! My end of the day it comfort is when I get into my pajamas...usually as soon as the kids go to bed.

""

Reply by Tamara

author of Southern Yankee Mix 6/19/2012 8:01:12 AM
Wow - Biotrue sounds great! My husband is a (sometimes) contact wearer so I'll have to remember this next time he gets some. Hm, as for changes to be more comfortable at the end of the day... Er, none. I'm pregnant and only getting more uncomfortable at the end of the day, LOL. As soon as we're home for the night though, I'm in my pajamas!

""

Reply by Candice

author of Mom Most Traveled 6/19/2012 8:20:04 AM
I take off my pants. J/K! Well not really. I do love Biotrue though! :)

after a certain time and when all things are done for day I like to get into comfy jammies and relax with the family.

I've started to make sure my 'last minute' chores are done earlier than right before bed - so if I want to go to bed, I can just go...no dishes, no last minute clean up, etc.

""

Reply by Jennifer

author of Sweet "T" Makes Three 6/19/2012 10:30:20 AM
I'm investing in lots of maternity and nursing wear to be as comfy as possible for the next year or so.

Since I work from home, I try to get most of the important stuff done early in the day so I don't have to worry about it in the evening in case I don't get time to finish.

""

Reply by Crystal

author of Kid Things 6/19/2012 11:25:36 AM
At the end of the day, and everyone else is asleep, I turn off all sound and just relax in my pajamas. On really long days, I'll sometimes have some ice cream. It's not much of a change, but it is really comfortable.

""

Reply by Henrietta

author of A Hen's Nest 6/19/2012 11:32:55 AM
I don't wear contact lenses but this does sound like a wonderful product, I know my cousin is always fighting dry eyes due to her contacts, I'll have to tell her about Biotrue! To relax at the end of the day, I change into my comfy pjs and read on my Kindle or spend an hour playing one of my favorite games :)

After the kids are in bed I sit with a cup of decaf coffee and just do nothing but drink it and relish the silence.

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS