Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

"The Charge" - a book of inspiration

Started by Annie , author of Mama Dweeb 7/10/2012 6:00:10 AM

Wake up and feel great!  To reorganize your thinking and start chasing your dreams (or even discovering your dreams) the book "The Charge" by Brendon Burchard is electrifying and inspiring.

The entire book I kept reading about ways to improve my thinking. And by the middle of it, I realized there are things I am doing so very wrong - thoughts and actions that are hindering my success.

My favorite chapter so far was about friendships. I already knew that I struggle in that area. I have - since high school - struggled with the ability to make and keep friends. That is why I started blogging. I wanted to surround myself with a community of strong and encouraging women that helped me attain my dreams.

In this chapter, Burchard says, "In study after study, researchers from a variety of disciplines continually find that the quality of our immediate friendship-based relationships is one of the most important factors in determining our overall stability, mood, ambition, emotional range, growth, and satisfaction in life." 

I couldn't agree more!  Loneliness is killer - but so is surrounding yourself with toxic friendships and people that don't support you making yourself a better person.

This book has tons of food for thought just like this. I kept finding myself underlining and commenting on his points. 

When you read a self-help book, what is your favorite thing to read?

Order your free copy of The Charge today!

Share with us what makes you feel most alive for a chance to win a High Performance Academy Online Seminar with Brendon Burchard, author of The Charge (valued at $1,000).

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Burchard Group Sponsored Conversation. The opinions and text are all mine. Burchard Group Sweepstakes and Rules.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 1 of 1
""

Reply by Marcie

author of Obviously Marvelous 7/10/2012 11:06:21 AM
Seeing my kids smile, laugh and learn makes me feel alive!! I fully agree on the friendship portion. I have ended long term friendships (one of 10yrs, one of 5yrs) because the other parties were just too filled with drama and negativity.

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS