Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Really LIVE your life, get a FREE book, and Enter for a chance to win a fantastic prize!

Started by Angela , author of The Suburban Jungle 6/17/2012 11:00:10 PM

For large sections of my life, I have felt connected, driven, and in control of my destiny. And for large sections of my life, I haven't. When I had the spark (or The Charge)  I was unstoppable and success came to me easily. I was happy and it was great to be alive.

But when I lost it, life was dull and often miserable. I remember each time I lost that inner spark. It's happened 4 times and sometimes I stayed in mental limbo for years. 

Last October, I lost my spark again. As ridiculous as it may seem, I lost it because of a conversation that lasted only a few minutes. That conversation changed my world forever and since I had lost the spark before, I knew that I had to get it back. (In case you're wondering, the "conversation" included a deep personal attack from someone I really trusted.)

I moped around for over a week: not exercising, not interacting, not learning anything new.  Then I started to force myself into action. Since that unfortunate date, I have been building back my Charge and if you've lost yours - you can too! 

Over the last few months, I focused on building back everything that I identify with "me." That includes health and fitness, gardening, being active, learning new things, and using my analytic side. I was "sorta back."

But there was something missing. I knew what it was, but I didn't really want to go there

Then I had the chance to review The Charge: Activating the 10 Human Drives That Make You Feel Alive and I finally had to face it. 

The book covers a lot of ground and is very motivating. There are real life stories that you can relate to and action items to help you on your own journey. The 10 drives cover all the areas where we can focus our attention to improve our lives. 

And one of those was the very thing I have been pushing away. It's so much easier to read what you have to do in a book than have someone say it to your face, but the implication is the same. 

I am really dropping the ball in this particular area and I need to step it up. But will I? As it does in every section, the book outlines how to make the changes you need to succeed in life. So I know what I need to do. I just need to implement it.

To be honest, I have looked at the other 9 drives with enthusiasm. I enjoyed reading new ways to further invigorate those areas of my life. Then there was the "other drive." 

I just really don't want to do it. It's a big deal. It could really change my life, but it's difficult and scary and I don't know if I can go there. If I decide to take the leap, it will be in baby steps. 

Having said all that, let me tell you that accomplishing 8 or 9 of the Human Drives will vastly improve your life. I'm not fully charged right now, but I'm mostly charged and I'm happy.

All of the 10 drives add meaning, purpose and joy to your life. If you can accomplish all 10, you'll be a much stronger person and I hope it works out for you.

Order your free copy of The Charge today!

Share with us what makes you feel most alive for a chance to win a High Performance Academy Online Seminar with Brendon Burchard, author of The Charge (valued at $1,000).

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Burchard Group Sponsored Conversation. The opinions and text are all mine. Burchard Group Sweepstakes and Rules.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 21 - 30 of 36
""

Reply by Brittany

7/4/2012 4:22:25 PM
I feel most alive when I hear my daughter giggling.

""

Reply by Frank

7/4/2012 5:34:30 PM
Catching a look at wildlife while out for a hike.

""

Reply by Linda

7/4/2012 6:13:05 PM
I feel most alive when i play with my 4 year old twin boys :)

""

Reply by Alison

7/4/2012 9:12:28 PM
Going for a walk beside the lake in my northern Ontario town.

""

Reply by Diane

7/6/2012 8:09:42 PM
What makes me feel most alive is being outdoors, walking gardening just enjoying nature and the beauty that surrounds us. I work 9 hours a day in an office with no fresh air, etc saring at a computer all day, then you come home and do all your household chores, so when it becomes overwhelming and I feel down I try to walk all those feelings away and enjoy the fresh air and beauty

""

Reply by Doreen

7/7/2012 3:04:46 PM
I feel most alive when I am moving my body, like biking, swimming, snowshoeing or walking.

""

Reply by Sari

7/8/2012 6:11:34 PM
When I am walking my dog.

""

Reply by Dario

7/8/2012 9:06:13 PM
laughing

""

Reply by Nicole

7/12/2012 11:35:39 AM
Hiking