Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

What do you think about the Tide Pods?

Started by Ginny , author of Life 7/22/2012 7:00:17 PM

I have purchased a cheaper detergent in the past few years because it seemed like I used so much of it (lol) and it was beginning to cost a fortune with more expensive laundry detergents.

I am doing laundry daily with the 4 of us, plus my youngest still has a 'mishap' 3-4 times a week.  However, I started to feel like the smell in her blankets wasn't going away.. I couldn't stand that.

I started looking at the different brands and the costs each time I was in the store, trying to decide which one's I wanted to try; after all, I had to choose something that wasn't going to cost me a fortune or smelled fruity (lol, my husband doesn't like that much).  

Anyways, I decided to try the new Tide Pods because my BFF has used Time for a while and went with the Pods when the came out; and she seemed to like them... so I figured "what the heck". and I have to say, I have used Tide powder and liguid detergent in the past and didn't really see much difference (for the price) than with my normal detergent, but I really like the Pods!

I think that what grabbed my attention was how easy they are to use.. just throw one in when you turn on the water and add your clothes; close the lid and wait.. simple as that (lol).  My oldest daughter is about to be 14; and it isn't a big deal to get her to start a load and I don't have to worry about her adding too much detergant (lol).. it's a win/win situation.  My husband even washed a load of clothes just to see how it worked... lol!

Overall; I think I never actually got 35 loads out of the liquid detergent because I always used more than it recommended. Now I know I am getting 35 loads when I buy a bag with 35 little pouches all measured out in there. :)  I just finished my first bag that lasted me almost 3 weeks and just got another.  I am pleased with this, but have heard some concerns that may cause them to dissapear from shelves.. I hope not!  And most of all, my daughters blankets smell fresh again and that is I wanted to accomplish in the beginning... So, way to go Tide, you did a good job this time (lol).  I don't know if I will stick with this forever, but I am not spending no more money than I was before.

Have you used the Pods? If so, what are your thoughts? 

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 1 of 1
""

Reply by Ginny

author of Life 7/31/2012 6:37:03 PM

I asked my oldest daughter to start a load of wash for me today; and she proceeds to tell me that she doesn't like the smell of the laundry detergent  (the Tide Pods).  So, I asked her why?  I think they smell fine!  However, she had no real reason other than not liking the smell (lol).  

So, this made me think...

Will Tide come out with a different scent (or variety of them)?  (OR) Will another franchise come out with a similar product, just their scent?

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Be yourself! No hating or rudeness will be tolerated, we can disagree respectfully. No harsh language.

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS