Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Biotrue Challenge

Started by Rachel , author of Small Steps On Our Journey — trying to be good stewards...one small step at a ti 7/11/2012 8:00:10 AM

I still clearly remember the first time I wore contact lenses.  I was in the 6th grade and 11 years old, and so thrilled to be ditching my very thick and slightly dorky glasses.  It was 1992, and 'back in those days,' the only contacts you could get were 'hard' or 'gas permeable' lenses.  They were not the soft, pliable lenses of today - they were hard and your eyes essentially had to develop a callous while wearing them.  I never, ever got used to them.  

Flash forward to the present day, and I'm a moderately happy disposable contact lens user - I like the ease of my lenses, but I've noticed that I feel dry-eyed and itchy eyed at the end of the day.   Most days, I can't wait to take my lenses out and put my glasses on - and some days, I practically have to peel my lenses off my poor eyeballs - partially due to the dry Phoenix air, and partially due to the solution I use, I think.  I've never really been able to find a solution to this, and that's why I'm taking the 30-day Biotrue Challenge!  

I'm tired of rubbing my eyes during the day (and messing up my makeup) and also feeling like there's sandpaper in my poor eyes thanks to dry contacts.  I can't wait to switch and update you on how Biotrue changes my eye routine!  

Biotrue contains the lubricant found naturally in your eyes, matches the pH of healthy tears, and is inspired by how your eye works - naturally!  What's not to like about that - after all, here at Small Steps on Our Journey, we're all about getting back to nature! 

Do you wear contact lenses or glasses?  Do you struggle with anything related to your corrective lenses?  Join the conversation below!  

Switch out your solution today and see the difference yourself - take the Biotrue Challenge!

Thanks to Bausch + Lomb, one of my readers could be one (1) of ten (10) exclusive winners of a 1-year supply of Biotrue® multi-purpose contact lens solution! Share with us below the changes you're making to be more comfortable at the end of day!

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Bausch + Lomb. The opinions and text are all mine. Bausch + Lomb BlogFrog Biotrue Challenge Sweepstakes Rules.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 20
""

Reply by Dee

author of Cocktails With Mom 7/11/2012 11:42:03 AM
I currently wear eyeglasses but miss wearing contact lenses for many of the same reasons you've mentioned. I've been looking for better options for contact lenses so I will be following your updates. Thanks for sharing the Biotrue. Looks like something I could use.

""

Reply by Jackie

author of With Just a Bit of Magic 7/11/2012 2:10:31 PM
I wear glasses but I only need them for reading... so contacts are out for me! My daughter wears them though and she might benefit from Biotrue since she's always complaining about them or not wearing them.

""

Reply by Sara

7/11/2012 5:33:32 PM
OOH! I don't wear contacts, but my Mom and Sister do! I am going to share with them!!

I think we ditched our dorky glasses around the same time. I?m a longtime contact wearer. I have the lenses that you can leave in for a while, but I usually have to take them out because they get itchy. Can?t say I?m making any changes, but I look forward to hearing how Biotrue works for you.

""

Reply by Carrie

author of Carrie with Children 7/11/2012 10:42:07 PM
I don't wear glasses or contacts, but my mom does. As far as changes that I'm making to be more comfortable in my life, I'm cutting back my caffiene intake and watching what I eat!

I tried Biotrue and I love it! I've worn contacts for 25 years and comfort is so important!

""

Reply by Kim

7/12/2012 1:51:56 AM
I tried to wear contacts but never could get comfortable with them. I do wear eyeglasses. I have a friend who wears contacts and will pass along this information.

I'm with you. I used to wear those awful hard contacts when I was a kid. All the cleaning, the heat sterilizing, etc., was such a major pain. Now I wear disposables and they're good for the first few days. It's the end of the first week that they start bugging my eyes. I'm definitely up for trying BioTrue to see if that helps reduce the dryness!

""

Reply by Michelle

author of My Saving Game 7/12/2012 3:01:10 PM
I got contacts at 10 but I wouldn't take care of them. I loves how I looked hated how they felt. I wear them all the time now and hope I never HAVE to wear glasses again. My eyes are getting dryer each year so I have to take my contacts out way more often than I ever did before! This solution would be AWESOME for a change maybe I could have less dry eyes! I hope that I win!

no contacts for me...can't wear them at all...but I am a life-long glasses wearer. Great info I will pass on to my children who do wear them!!!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS