Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

My Husband Accepts the Biotrue Challenge

Started by Emilie , author of Baby Loving Mama 6/28/2012 8:00:10 AM

I am no stranger to prescription glasses and contact lenses. I wore them for many years before I received corrective eye surgery six years ago. I struggled to wear contacts all day and often was forced to wear them only every other day due to discomfort. I feel very fortunate now to see clearly but my husband Joe is not so lucky. He still wears contacts and has his own difficulties. That is why he is going to be taking the Biotrue Challenge from Bausch + Lomb.

Why Joe wants to take the challenge (in his own words): 

I love wearing contacts. I don't like looking through a frame or having something on my nose. And I really enjoy wearing sunglasses. I don't mind wearing my glasses when I must, but there are somethings that I just can't do while wearing my glasses. For example, I absolutely cannot wear glasses at all when it is cold outside and I need to go for a run. (Don't laugh, have you tried running in below 30 degree weather with glasses on?)

I don't have overly sensitive eyes, but sometimes when I put them on my eye, even when I rinse them well, my eye will get irritated. When this happens the eye itches, my nose starts running, and it feels like there is something in it. If this occurs I can't wear the contacts for the rest of the day and it happens often.

I'm hoping that changing my solution will more consistantly get rid of whatever gets on the lenses and irriates my eye and offer all day comfort.

Do you also struggle with comfort while wearing your contact lenses?

Switch out your solution today and see the difference yourself - take the Biotrue Challenge!

Thanks to Bausch + Lomb, one of my readers could be one (1) of ten (10) exclusive winners of a 1-year supply of Biotrue® multi-purpose contact lens solution! Share with us below the changes you're making to be more comfortable at the end of day!

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Bausch & Lomb. The opinions and text are all mine. Bausch + Lomb BlogFrog Biotrue Challenge Sweepstakes Rules.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6
I kick back in my rocking recliner :-).

""

Reply by Heather

6/28/2012 10:39:38 AM
I can't wait to try Biotrue. As with your husband, my eyes often get irritated and it feels like there is something in there - aside from the contact. I end up having to throw the contact out part-way through the day, which can get quite pricey! At the end of the day, I take out my contacts immediately and put on my glasses. If Biotrue will allow me to leave my contacts in for the whole day, I'll be truly thankful. After doing this...and if I have the energy after putting the kids to bed...I go for a walk, take a relaxing bath and have a glass of wine with my husband.

""

Reply by Amanda

6/28/2012 2:22:12 PM
I am trying to get enough sleep! When I don't, my eyes tend to be tired and itchy by the end of the day! My contacts though are the Night & Day so I don't take them out overnight (although I could...just too lazy too! LOL) so getting enough rest is a big plus for non-irritated eyes!

I can completely sympathize with Joe which is why I'm making an appointment tomorrow to have a contact lens fitting. Corrective surgery isn't an option for me but contacts will be so much easier with my lifestyle.

""

Reply by Courtney

7/1/2012 10:12:43 AM
cool. my contacts just got discontinued so I need a new brand, i will look into these for sure. anything that wil make my eyes more comfortable !!

""

Reply by Tiffany

author of Babes and Kids 7/2/2012 6:26:07 PM
Bausch + Lomb is the only brand of contact lens solution I use. I really like the biotrue as well! I wear night and day contacts and after years of not taking them out as often as I should, I have very dry eyes. I now take them out nightly which has helped a lot. This particular contact lens solution actually helps a lot too. I would love to have lasik someday when my eyesight stops changing! I'm definitely a fan of the Biotrue!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS