Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

TIME magazine: Is there a backlash against AP? (attachment parenting)

Started by Nanny X , author of THE NANNY TIME BOMB 5/14/2012 6:30:41 PM

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2
""

Reply by Erin

author of bloglog 5/15/2012 5:58:25 AM

It's an interestng conversation and one that I would advise most of my clients to stay away from because it's personal. Like working moms vs. stay at home moms, there doesn't seem to be a happy medium. But here's my real question: why is it a topic for discussion? I'd really like to see Time Magazine put themselves out there with the gluttonous heads of our financial industry and a caption reading: Greed before God?

There are harmful situations parents are involving their children in such as tanning beds and pageants. I only breast feed my children until they were 1 and I would let them climb into bed with us becasue I was to tired to get up and put them back in their own bed. I sleep with my husband in our bed in our small apartment. I feel like I'm living attachment parenting inadvertantly.

""

Reply by Nanny X

author of THE NANNY TIME BOMB 5/15/2012 9:05:41 AM

I agree Erin. It seems that in our society it's far more relevant to mom bash than to ask how and why a % of men are effectively a) waging endless wars, b) generating corporations that degrade the planet and monopolize trade and c) playing poker with American tax payer's money. These are more reprehensible actions than the choice of a mother to breast feed or not. In Freudian terms this type of skewed thinking perhaps finds its origin in the infantile notion that the mother figure is to blame for all of life's ills. I think that women particularly moms have the power to change the way our planet is governed. If we can think outside of our own homes and into the broader community and world at large, we can change the current imbalances in terms of gender inequality, racial prejudice and economic disparity. 

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS