Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Have you ever depended on anyone who dropped the ball and put you in a bad spot? What did you do?

Started by Jennifer , author of Natural Family Mountain Living 6/5/2012 9:19:36 AM

When I first moved to this mountain community, I planned to work with my "family" business, run by my step-father. After three months of building a foundation, including web site, over ten designs for our apparel line, numerous meetings which are finally resulting in orders, he dropped the ball and failed to produce our samples as promised. Now that I'm in the hole for all the time and money I spent, I had to quickly switch gears back to photography. Luckily, I'm a heavy promotor and made a lot of new friends here. For a few weeks I was seeing business rise and now I have fifteen people wanting shoots bug nothing is booked.

The time and money I spent developing a business to include my step-father was wasted and I try not to lament over it, as it would have been a great step toward financial security I'm now struggling with if I'd have focused on my photography from the beginning. 

Have you ever depended on anyone who dropped the ball and put you in a bad spot? What did you do?

A sample of my recent work here. This is a head shot of Chirl. I provided professional hair and makeup, the shoot and digital retouching. 

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

No replies yet. Be the first!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Post & Join Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Be friendly, supportive, informative, and proactive with your fellow convo moms. I enforce a Bully-Free Zone policy. I can't imagine anyone wanting to be part of the community who ever tease or degrade someone one else, so I'm probably not even talking to you.

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS