Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

What is your favorite cooling down tip when the weather is HOT!

Started by shari , author of Faith Filled Food For Moms and Grandmothers 5/14/2012 9:56:54 AM

Ok..we live in the Pacific Northwest..the heat has shot up to 80..this is a major blessing..but considering it's usually in the 50's whoosh it's HOT!..

Now I'm not complaining..but how do YOU cool down :)

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10

We try to play outside in the evening when it's those hot days - it is cooler and we get out the water table and just have fun.  Popsicles are always a hit, too.  This year I got a mold to make our own popsicles.

I want to get one of those sand/water tables for my grandson :)

We love Popsicles too!! 

OneMommy's profile picture
OneMommy said ...
We try to play outside in the evening when it's those hot days - it is cooler and we get out the water table and just have fun.  Popsicles are always a hit, too.  This year I got a mold to make our own popsicles.

We love ours!

shari's profile picture
shari said ...
I want to get one of those sand/water tables for my grandson :)

""

Reply by Ginny Marie

author of Lemon Drop Pie 5/14/2012 2:26:53 PM

My girls love to run through the sprinkler! Yes, shari, 80 degrees is not much to complain about. ;) We also buy a pool pass every year and spend a lot of time at the pool during the summer.

Oh sprinklers are fun!  My 11 year old still loves to do that!  We love right down the street from our High School and they also have a pool..they love to do that too :)

""

Reply by Ugochi

author of Teshuva 5/17/2012 7:39:41 AM

This is really not nice, I was told replying from my mail posts straight to the community and that was what I did, it appears it didn't work.

Playing outside with a water table and enjoying Popsicle, and sprinklers, sound like fun.

I would like to just stay in a pool cold water. 

Ahhh yes being by a poolside sounds nice Ugochi :)  I'm sorry you couldn't just reply from your inbox..I'm not sure I can either..I can from my phone though :)

""

Reply by Esther

author of Laugh With Us Blog 5/17/2012 4:54:10 PM

I make lots of sandwiches and salads and eat fruit for dessert. 

""

Reply by Ugochi

author of Teshuva 5/17/2012 5:14:25 PM

Interesting Esther!

""

Reply by Ugochi

author of Teshuva 5/17/2012 5:14:58 PM

I'll try again Shari, thanks!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

No cursing or picking on anyone. No use of foul language please. Be courteous in your conversations and contributions. And lets all have some fun!!!

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS