Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

What motivates you to keep blogging?

Started by Alicia , author of Get paid online, Writing Jobs, Pay per article, Work at home 8/2/2012 7:55:43 AM

Are you inspired by other bloggers, earning money from your blog, to provide content that will help others, etc?

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 14
""

Reply by Fauzi Conway

author of Hodgepodge of Styles 8/2/2012 10:44:21 AM

Firstly I blog for myself. My blog is a creative outlet for me to express myself in the things I love to do. Secondly sharing of ideas and learning from others are ways I can connect with other bloggers and at the same time gain a bit of knowledge. Making money from my blog is secondary but it's a bonus if it brings money in.

Hi Fauzi.  I agree with you.  I too find that it is a wonderful platform that I can use to express myself and also hopefully help others in the process. 

""

Reply by Candice

author of Lilly through the valley 8/2/2012 10:50:16 AM

Honestly I would blog even if i never make money with it. I just love expressing myself!

I hear you Candice!  I love to blog!  I never thought of myself as a blogger but I can't hardly imagine my life without it.  

""

Reply by Candice

author of Lilly through the valley 8/2/2012 2:55:01 PM

Me either. My insides just smile when ever I write something that challenges my self. I also have learnt that I am a very creative person through blogging!

Alicia's profile picture
Alicia said ...
I hear you Candice!  I love to blog!  I never thought of myself as a blogger but I can't hardly imagine my life without it.  

""

Reply by Rachel

author of Eagle Nest Mom 8/2/2012 7:51:36 PM

I like to feel useful.  When I see people visiting posts, or commenting that they got a good idea from it, that inspires me to keep doing it.   Making a little money on the side is great too, because we don't have much income ... but I'd blog to help others with or without money.

I'm not good at making things, cooking, or growing anything (green at least).  So I enjoy blogging as a creative outlet.  And it inspires me to try something new or finish a project so I can blog about it.

Hi Rachel.  You sound like me.  I am not good at doing other things myself, at least I don't consider myself to be but I have always loved to write ever since I was a teenager.  My mother even bought me some stationery because she said that I always loved to write letters and things like that.  I draw so much inspiration from other bloggers as well.  I feel that if I am not blogging that something is missing.  Earning money from your blog is a perk in addition to doing something that you really enjoy. 

""

Reply by Jane

author of Jane Ridgewood 8/10/2012 5:47:48 PM

I have come to discover that I really enjoy blogging. It’s been almost a year since I’ve started and I’m still going at it. Some months are definitely slower than others, but I enjoy keeping up with it as best I can. I think part of what keeps me motivated, is that as I continue I find myself opening up a little more. Sharing personal experiences and really allowing myself to be put out there in a way that I hope others can relate to. I do blog for myself, but I always feel really good when something I write can help or relate to another person.

Hi Jane!  I feel the same way as you do about blogging.  I love it!  I actually wished that I would have done it sooner but I really didn't know what is was, meant, or how to get started.  I am glad that I met some of my fellow bloggers and how important it really is to share what you know or are going through.  You can touch so many lives with your personal journey.  Thank you for sharing your life story with us. 

""

Reply by Teaching Tiny Tots

author of Teaching Tiny Tots Blog — 8/24/2012 4:29:39 PM

I love when people find something they really like on my site!!  I enjoy building pages too.  I want to take a HTML class to learn even more than what I've accomplished on my own.

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Be kind. Have fun. Enjoy!

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS