Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Mom Challenge - week 1

Started by Amanda , author of Live a fabuLESS life 2/5/2012 7:52:16 PM

Challenge 1 is to eat dinner together.  And if you do eat dinner together, what can you do to make dinner more memorable? 

So question is: Do you currently eat dinner together each night? 

I would love to get a weekly live chat going (to kind of talk about each week's challenge) 

This week we would talk about how the challenge went, tips on getting your kids to try new foods, conversation starters.  The goal is to meet new friends and learn from each other.

Let me know if you would be interested in chatting! (Saturday night - 7 pm EST)

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 26
""

Reply by Tina

2/6/2012 6:51:11 PM

We always eat dinner together! I saw your challenge on pinterest and I have decided to join you for each challenge. This one is easy! ;) I do have a hard time thinking of new things to talk about though, we always go around the table and tell about our favorite part of the day, sometimes that generates some interesting conversations!! Thanks for doing this, I think it is great!

""

Reply by Amanda

author of Live a fabuLESS life 2/6/2012 8:19:41 PM

Thanks Tina!  I was at Walmart today and saw that they have the game Would you rather (it is in the game section back with the cards) for about $5.  Or you can go on amazon!  They have great questions that my family loves to answer like "If you were a lumberjack and had climbed 100 feet in the air would you rather run into a hornet nest or an angry bald eagle"  We usually pick one question/night.  My son looks forward to dinner each night so we can answer the next question!

""

Reply by Korie

2/7/2012 6:04:27 AM
Hi there! I found this through Pinterest and love the idea. My hubby commutes during the week, so I am essentially a single mom until the weekend. I am lucky to get dinner on the table, much less sit with them too.

And I know better. I will try to stop what I am doing this week and sit with them.

Again, great idea for a challenge! Thanks!

""

Reply by Amanda

author of Live a fabuLESS life 2/7/2012 6:37:56 AM

Hi Korie!  I will admit -- I'm not the best at sitting down for dinner either!  My husband doesn't get off work until 8 so usually it's just Josh and I eating dinner during the week.  And 2 days a week I get off of work at around 5 and he has to be at wrestling at 5:30-7:30!! Talk about hard!  So this is a challenege def. to myself too!  But for us the effort of carving out the time has already paid off! :) Glad you made it! Can't wait to find out how it went!!

""

Reply by Tina

2/7/2012 11:38:16 AM
Would You Rather sounds like a GREAT idea! My husband just got deployed for 9 months and he is usually the one who keeps the conversation going, so I am definitely going to pick up that game! I was just at Walmart a few hours ago too. :(

""

Reply by Amanda

author of Live a fabuLESS life 2/7/2012 5:49:41 PM

Oh you should!! It's wonderful!  We will keep you and your family in our prayers!  It takes a special person to sign up for the military and leave everything to defend us but it also takes a special family! :) Thank you!

""

Reply by Dawn

2/8/2012 12:07:10 AM

I found you through Pintrest and am very excited for your challenges!  I am a huge betrayer of the phone at the table issue with my 1.5yr old.  I'm goign to make a pretty printable sign to frame and hang over my future table to remind me that the table is a No Phone Zone!  :)

""

Reply by Amanda

author of Live a fabuLESS life 2/8/2012 6:24:44 AM

Love it Dawn!  You'll have to share when your done! :) We just moved into a new house and it has a very small eat in kitchen.  Our table didn't even fit!! I'm on the hunt for a new table - but even then I think it's just going to be a little pub table, not big enough for the 3 of us to sit at. We do have a bar and that's where we've been sitting but it's made this eating dinner together week pretty hard at our house when daddy's home!

""

Reply by Teresa

2/8/2012 3:13:58 PM

I have to say I'm not good at sitting down with my kids for dinner or on the weekends for breakfast and lunch. Since I'm starting this challenge late I will make the time and to do it.

Reading thru the reason you should do this kinda thru me. I grew up in a house where we had to be home for dinner every night and we still had  problems that u stated sitting down to dinner will help. I think every child is different and sometimes nothing works and sometimes everything works.

I do agree it is a nice time to talk about your day tho.

http://8thingsaboutme.blogspot.com/

""

Reply by Amanda

author of Live a fabuLESS life 2/8/2012 5:56:31 PM

Teresa I agree every child is different!  I admit I'm not the best at sitting down each night, but my goal with this week is just work on keeping the conversation going.  It's hard if your not used to sitting down talking for an hour.  My son also has Autism so I think it's even more important becuase he needs this time for me to teach him how to conversate correctly!  He's important! And I want him to know I care about his day!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Please: 1. Be nice. 2. Share. 3. Link to your blogs but please don't try to sell anything. And know that anything that could be taken as disrespectful, offensive, or vulgar will be taken down. And any SPAM will be removed.

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS