Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Clear Out Backyard: Overgrown Shrubs and Vines

Started by Aimee , author of It's Overflowing 7/26/2012 7:00:10 AM

Clear Out Backyard: Overgrown Shrubs and Vines was majorly on my mind when we signed on the line to purchase this rancher. Our home was a complete disaster from the front curb all the way through to the back fence. We bought it from the original owners who had proudly called it their home for 58 years.

Despite it's condition, the house had obvious potential and was on a prime piece of property. We couldn't resist! We wrote 'Clear Out Backyard: Overgrown Shrubs and Vines' towards the top of our to do list, knowing that opening up a huge space of soft green grass for our boys to run free, play ball, and tackle to their little hearts content (which is constant around here) was SUPER important! Check out the before picture...this was the ugliest part of our almost half an acre lot. We made a list and started working on checking it off! (of course we also planted a vegetable garden, but that was a different part of the yard).

Clear Out Backyard: Overgrown Shrubs and Vines

1. Prune the Pecan Tree

2. Paint Trim and Add Gutters

3. Remove Overgrown Vines

4. Remove Fence Along Back of Property

5. Remove Asian Jasmine

6. Remove Rusty Metal Flower Bed Barrier

7. Improve Quality of Grass

8. Remove Bushes Around Back Patio

With all the overgrowth cleared away and our boys running wild through the yard, now it's time for me to have some FUN! I plan on creating a great outdoor living area like this:

Sears

Now that I have shared what turns my backyard into my perfect summer oasis, I want to know what you’ve done to transform your backyard into your oasis. One of my lucky readers will win a $25 Sears gift card!

Need help finding your own pieces for your backyard? Sears is bringing the ease of searching for those perfect pieces with their recently launched iPad digital catalog. On your computer? Don't fear, Sears has an amazing digital catalog built just for you.

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sears. The opinions and text are all mine. Official Sweepstakes Rules.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 99
""

Reply by Heather

7/26/2012 8:06:47 AM
My must-haves for a perfect backyard oasis would be comfortable seating for my guests, shade from the sun, and a pleasant view which means a tended garden and a tidy lawn!

""

Reply by Julie

7/26/2012 8:50:20 AM
I would love to have a gazebo thanks aunteegem@yahoo.com

""

Reply by Julie

7/26/2012 8:50:21 AM
I would love to have a gazebo thanks aunteegem@yahoo.com

""

Reply by Bailey

7/26/2012 10:28:03 AM
We moved in to our house last summer and there is a lot to do in our backyard to turn it into an "oasis." It needs some shade and seating along with some other major landscaping projects (fixing a falling retaining wall, removing a dead tree), hopefully we'll have the funds to fix it up before too much longer!

""

Reply by Megan

author of Our Pinteresting Family 7/26/2012 11:20:59 AM
We are still working on a pergola in our backyard, and I plan on adding draperies around it. Looks like you have a lot of great plans for your backyard, Aimee! Can't wait to see what you do.

""

Reply by angela

7/26/2012 11:21:58 AM
My backyard "oasis" would include comfortable cushioned furniture that once you sat on would hold you hostage. I would have a grill that would rival any indoor kitchen so that my husband (because in MY oasis I would never have to cook!) could create yummy dinners. My oasis would have a huge WELCOME sign hanging oustside of it because all of this would mean nothing unless I could share it with people who make me smile :)

""

Reply by Sumer

7/26/2012 11:29:04 AM
I have to have a large hammock under a shady tree and a big glass of lemonade. sumer84@live.com

""

Reply by Andrew

7/26/2012 11:49:20 AM
Patio, plant life, hammock.

""

Reply by Sherry

author of Our Loonyverse 7/26/2012 11:51:57 AM
Pool, seating area, shady area, outdoor kitchen, toys for the grands and nieces/nephews, koi pond, plants (various types of gardens including herb, veggie, flowers, rock, etc... Far from there at this point, but that would be my perfect oasis.

""

Reply by Keri

7/26/2012 12:00:52 PM
Comfy chairs, a table for drinks and maybe a hammock for a good read :)

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS