Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

I Miss My Shovel...

Started by Jill , author of Musings from Me on Kids, Preteens, and Teens | 2/15/2012 11:27:23 AM

...I know this is a strange title for a post. I miss shoveling the driveway. I look forward to snow. Even though my husband uses the snow blower to clear the driveway, I like digging and shoveling. It's a workout! With the mild weather lately, I think the chances of a snow fall are minimal.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4

You are so right. shoveling is a great workout--I am still holding out hope for one good snow!

""

Reply by Emily

author of Simple Little Home 2/15/2012 6:57:57 PM

We sold our "lemon" snowblower earlier this year, and due to a financial pledge my husband and I made to one another we will not be buying another one until we can purchase it with cash. So, we have done a lot of shoveling this year. I too have found the rhythm of it- the beauty in the simpleness of the task. I hope you get a bit more snow soon! :)

Emily -- You are so right about the rhythm of shoveling. There's something very satisfying about seeing an ever-growing pile of snow, too.

Elena -- Like you, I want one last snowfall. Won't seem like much of a winter without one. Didn't Punxsutawney Phil see his shadow?

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Be kind, supportive, and have some fun!

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS