Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Backyard Spots + Summer to Do's Printable

Started by Mique , author of 30days 5/24/2012 12:00:10 PM

Last summer Josh spearheaded a backyard makeover. With new grass, and a cleaned up environment, the kids love to play in the backyard on the swing set, the trampoline, and slip 'n slide. We don't have a big space- thank you California- but it suits us just fine.
Here are some of our favorite spots around our backyard-

Where I can be found:
Where the kids can be found:
J's all time favorite spot:
Josh calls it J's version of a clubhouse.
Where Josh can be found:
Added some flowers on our patio table:

I'm making a list of things that need to get done this summer. It will be a loooooong list. We'll be doing some fun activities but I'll be also organizing and doing all kinds of projects that I've put off for far too long. I thought posting about it here might make a little more accountable....
It wouldn't be proper goal setting without a cute printable, now would it? I will be making a more specific one, but wanted to create something generic that I could brainstorm with. So here she is:

Download your own Summer To Do's printable.
Enjoy!

Now that I have shared what turns my backyard into my perfect summer oasis, I want to know what you’ve done to transform your backyard into your oasis. One of my lucky readers will win a $25 Sears gift card!

Need help finding your own pieces for your backyard? Sears is bringing the ease of searching for those perfect pieces with their recently launched iPad digital catalog. On your computer? Don't fear, Sears has an amazing digital catalog built just for you.

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sears. The opinions and text are all mine. Official Sweepstakes Rules.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 13
""

Reply by Julianna

author of The Mechanical Bull 5/24/2012 12:22:43 PM
Comfortable lawn chairs for soaking up the sun!

""

Reply by Vanessa

author of BlogFrog Blog — 5/24/2012 12:23:31 PM
Comfortable chairs! Not those with a hard metal or wood seat.

""

Reply by Keely

5/24/2012 12:33:06 PM
Don't judge me but I still love running around in a sprinkler on hot days.

""

Reply by Kimberly

author of Mommy + Wife = Awesome 5/24/2012 12:54:35 PM
We haven't done really, anything to transform our backyard. My husband has been trying to plant grass. We want to add a big play toy for our kids. It's difficult because we live on an Army post so we're really limited. One of the reasons I can't wait to own our own home.

""

Reply by Jody

5/24/2012 12:56:42 PM
My 'must have' is a hubby that is handy! ;=) Seriously though, we have a great wooden playhouse and swingset that we had for our kids who are now 23 and 28. It has held up so well with a little love and care through the years and now I love to relax in the yard and watch my Grandkids play as well as the little one's that I babysit.

""

Reply by Kristin

5/24/2012 1:04:41 PM
I let my 12 yeasr old son design and build a cabana/club house out of wood...right near our garden. It is made out of all salvaged wood & materials and murals painted by the whole family. It may be a little more "Sanford & Son" than I would have built...BUT it is a true family treasure!!!

""

Reply by stacie

author of Stacie's Place 5/24/2012 1:14:08 PM
A tire swing, a porch style type swing, a fire pit, hammock, a rock/waterfall set up and a garden

""

Reply by Brooke

5/24/2012 1:14:23 PM
A nice seating area, BBQ, a place for the kids to play and green plants and grass!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS