Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

A simple wood swing #SummerWithSears

Started by Annie , author of Mama Dweeb 7/16/2012 5:00:10 PM

I live by simplicity. Life is best felt and enjoyed without the noise of clutter and distractions.  Time with family is more important than just about anything else in the world.  And when we are enjoying our time as a family, we focus on the people more than the stuff. 

Summer time is my favorite season of all! I love eating grilled burgers and brats and sitting outside with the extended family. The kids run and create imaginary scenes.  The parents laugh about inside jokes and little victories like a cancer-free scan. 

And every time we go outdoors, you can hear at least one child begging to be pushed on the tree swing. It is simple - just a 2x4 tied with rope.  But it is their favorite thing of all! It is big enough to fit Lizzie and her best-friend/cousin Mycah or Lucy and her best friend/brother, David.  

Oh the memories we have with this simple, wooden swing! 

Now that I have shared what turns my backyard into my perfect summer oasis, I want to know what you’ve done to transform your backyard into your oasis.

One of my lucky readers will win a $25 Sears gift card!

Need help finding your own pieces for your backyard? Sears is bringing the ease of searching for those perfect pieces with their recently launched iPad digital catalog. On your computer? Don't fear, Sears has an amazing digital catalog built just for you.

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sears. The opinions and text are all mine. Official Sweepstakes Rules.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 20
""

Reply by Jill

7/16/2012 6:02:30 PM
sticks, dirt, a bucket of some sort, and a tricycle seem to make for a lot of fun...

""

Reply by Julie

7/16/2012 7:53:48 PM
I would love to have a gazebo thanks aunteegem@yahoo.com

""

Reply by Sara

7/16/2012 10:17:47 PM
That swing looks like so much fun!! My backyard is no where near an oasis, but we have some nice chairs and a little fire bowl!

""

Reply by Rheanna

7/17/2012 10:01:19 AM
we finally just purchased a cute table and umbrella to host some peeps in the backyard! I am in absolute heaven. We also picked up these amazing bright blue (adorable) Adirondack chairs! throw in some tiki torches and you've got a backyard oasis

""

Reply by Amanda

7/17/2012 2:15:54 PM
A swing set for the kids to play on!

""

Reply by Livivua

author of Talk about Lucky---!!!! 7/17/2012 2:54:18 PM
I love to keep my rose garden up and enjoy the smell while lying in my hamnmock

""

Reply by Annie

author of Mama Dweeb 7/17/2012 3:04:06 PM
That sounds beautiful Sara! All you need is a place to sit - the people are the most important part of a back yard :)

""

Reply by Annie

author of Mama Dweeb 7/17/2012 3:13:14 PM
Rheanna, I love the umbrella idea! I need some major shade in my yard!

""

Reply by Christina

7/18/2012 3:24:57 PM
We have added some trees for shade. We need as much as we can get here in AZ!

""

Reply by Annie

author of Mama Dweeb 7/18/2012 5:25:04 PM
I dream of having a swing set for my kids. I bet your kids love it Amanda :)

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS