Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Burchard Group Sponsored Conversation Sponsored Conversation

Started by Penelope , author of Happy Marriage, Happy Family, Happy Home, Happy Life 6/20/2012 11:00:10 PM
A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for. ~William Shedd

I think we all go through times where we feel bored, lacking in energy, and utterly unenthusiastic about life. Some of us feel this way all the time, but we never do anything about it. Maybe we just don't know what to do. Do you ever think about what motivates you? What makes you feel alive?

This is the central theme of "The Charge", the inspirational best-selling book by Brendon Burchard. The Charge offers ten significant wars to charge your motivation, by activating ten human drives that make you feel alive. I just finished this book, and I never really thought about how important these human drives are to me as a human being…to feeling like I have value and my life has meaning. I felt inspired when I read about the drive for Competence…unless what I do is worthwhile, I won't be able to take pride in myself. The idea of focusing on mastering what I do and taking pride in my successes, building a series of successes to define me…well, I love it. My current focus is on my family, and I want to be a very competent (and loving) mother and wife. I felt motivated when I read about the drive for Challenge, because never being challenged, working things out myself, seeing what I can accomplish and what I'm capable of…it's a boring existence. I was excited by the drive for Creative Expression. I'm an incredibly creative person, I love to make, create and produce, and the satisfaction of a job well done and knowing I created something that adds to the world in some way makes me feel alive. There are many other drives that Burchard discusses, and how to harness their power and activate them to electrify our every day. Right now my life is tumultuous…my family will be moving twice this year, we had a new baby, my husband is going back to school, and there is so much activity in our daily lives that it's easy to get lost in the torrents, and sort of lose my own focus of what makes me personally feel fulfilled and excited. I find myself at time feeling overworked and tired, and as though life was happening to me, and speeding by too fast. The Charge encouraged me to sit and think about what would electrify my own life and make me feel alive. Honestly, it motivated me to pick up some things I've been neglecting (and there by neglecting myself), so I don't feel lost, bored, or unmotivated. Interested in seeing what this great book can do for you?

You can order The Charge FOR FREE

Order your free copy of The Charge today!

Share with us what makes you feel most alive for a chance to win a High Performance Academy Online Seminar with Brendon Burchard, author of The Charge (valued at $1,000).

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Burchard Group Sponsored Conversation. The opinions and text are all mine. Burchard Group Sweepstakes and Rules.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 23
Seeing through the eyes of my son. There is so much that I take for granted that is new and fresh to him. I feel so blessed to be his mom.

""

Reply by Jennifer

author of Sweet "T" Makes Three 6/21/2012 9:24:16 AM
Watching my daughter learn new things makes me feel alive.

""

Reply by Crystal

author of Simply Being Mommy 6/21/2012 12:38:12 PM
I'm reading this book right now. It seems like such an easy thing to do but we make things so hard on ourselves by living so stressed and unhappy.

My son, and soon to be daughter (expecting in July)! :)

""

Reply by angie

author of sevenclowncircus.com 6/21/2012 6:42:19 PM
Being involved with my family makes me feel really alive!

""

Reply by Jennifer

author of Rebel Chick's Journey 6/21/2012 6:49:48 PM
Traveling, getting out there and experiencing new things and meeting new people - it makes me feel alive!

""

Reply by Jennifer

author of Double Duty Mommy 6/21/2012 7:31:09 PM
watching my kids laugh and play

""

Reply by Billie

author of Comments for 6/21/2012 8:54:55 PM
Looks like an interesting book. I feel most alive around my family.

""

Reply by Debra

author of Strange Daze Indeed 6/21/2012 10:33:19 PM
Interesting book. I feel most alive when I'm contributing to and enjoying life with family and friends.

""

Reply by hongkong

6/22/2012 12:49:22 AM
Resulting the perfect celebration is on the cards, and flowers just add extra bit of colorfulness onto that. Indeed, it?s the creation from nature that compliments the priceless emotions that a heart hosts. In the form of mind blowing floral stuffs and other gifts, really HongKongFlowersDelivery.com has dome something incredible. The link at www.hongkongflowersdelivery.com gives full details.

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS