Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

CarpetOne Resista Sponsored Conversation

Started by Penelope , author of Happy Marriage, Happy Family, Happy Home, Happy Life 5/9/2012 11:00:10 PM

I'm a pretty practical person (or became one once I became a parent). It makes life easier to be surrounded by things that are useful, but I've also always loved things that are beautiful. This is why, when decorating my house, I prefer items that are both decorative and functional. I didn't want to stifle my style in my home décor just to make life easier- where is the fun in that? What are ways I balance my style wants with my practical needs for my family's home? I make sure everything we have serves at least two purposes, even if one of those is simply to beautify! beautiful practical furniture * My beautiful umbrella stand is a work of art on its own, but is perfect for tossing in wet umbrellas. * We hang items on our walls that are functional yet double as art. * Our scented candles make our home wonderfully fragrant while decorating it with their beautiful ceramic designs. * My gorgeous black leather living room couch converts into a full size bed for guests, and our recliner rocks so it became my pseudo-glider while I nursed, making even my beautiful furniture multi-functional. We are moving soon, and my husband said one of the first things he wants us to do is re-carpet the entire house with a gorgeous, plush, and stain resistant carpet (we didn't realize the importance of this until after we had children!). I've been looking at carpets like Resista from CarpetOne, which is stain proof, so our carpeting will be both beautiful and practical. I'm looking forward to not panicking every time a glass teeters near the edge of a table!? In your home, how do you balance your practical needs with your style wants? Tell me for a chance to win a 5’ x 7’ Resista Area Rug!

I'm curious to know, in your home, how do you balance your practical needs with your style wants?

You live your life on carpet. Make sure you have carpet that lets you live your life! For more information on Resista Carpet visit www.carpetone.com

Join the Conversation to be entered to win a 5' x 7' Resista area rug!

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of CarpetOne. The opinions and text are all mine.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 34
""

Reply by Kim

author of Shop with Me Mama 5/10/2012 11:17:17 AM
Oh my goodness how we need a stain resistant carpet! What parent doesn't??

""

Reply by Heather!

author of I Digress. 5/10/2012 11:21:18 AM
Like you, I always have my eye out for objects that do double duty. Something might be very functional, but if it's not very pretty, you'd better believe I'm looking for ways to beautify it! When function really does trump beauty, I do look for ways to hide or distract from the useful item. Maybe I'll throw in a beautiful basket! :) h4schaffer at gmail dot com

""

Reply by Monique

author of Arms of A Sister 5/10/2012 12:52:46 PM
It's mostly about practicality. I don't have good fashion sense, I don't like to shop (although I do admire pretty things), and I just buy 100% based on practicality. I like that umbrella stand. It's really cute.

I have kids. And when you have kids, you learn to let go of some things. I'd love to have beautiful glassware for decoration. Not happening. I'd love to have fresh flowers out all the time. Nope. But my kids are totally worth the sacrifice I make on decorating! The things I decorate with now I still like, and they're kid friendly too! coriwestphal at msn dot com

""

Reply by Liz

author of A Nut in a Nutshell 5/10/2012 2:40:45 PM
I don't necessarily have to buy the top of the line model or most expensive brand. I can scale back a touch to get the same style but at a more moderate price point.

All of our practical items like key hangers and side tables are in my style.

""

Reply by Kelly

author of Texas Type A Mom 5/10/2012 4:40:07 PM
I like to buy items that are beautiful but durable. Having two kids and a dog, I need something that will survive constant use and abuse.

""

Reply by Jennifer

author of Rebel Chick's Journey 5/10/2012 8:08:28 PM
It's hard but I am able to balance with very careful budgeting!

""

Reply by Marci

5/10/2012 10:31:33 PM
We use durable goods and teach the children how to take care of things. That way we practice but nice things!

It is more about practical right now in our home -- two preschoolers and a crawler. It's all about keeping things stain free and "whole." Style will come later.

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS