Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Saying Good-Bye

Started by Vicki , author of upliftingteaching 5/26/2012 3:46:36 PM

This is the time of the school year for good-byes. Young children leave their beloved teacher. College students part for the summer.

Who enjoys saying good-bye? For most people, it’s tough to do. Especially when it’s the final good-bye to a loved one.

Here’s a favorite meditation of mine.

Bits and pieces

Bits and pieces

People. People important to you, people unimportant to you cross your life, touch it with love and carelessness and move on. There are people who leave you and you breathe a sigh of relief and wonder why you ever can into contact with them. There are people who leave you and you breathe a sigh of remorse and wonder why they had to go away and leave such a gaping hole. Children leave parents; friends leave friends. Acquaintances move on. People change homes. People grow apart. Enemies hate and move on. Friends love and move on. You think on the many who have moved into your hazy memory. You look on those present and wonder.

I believe in God’s master plan in lives. He moves people in and out of each other’s lives, and each leaves his mark on the other. You find you are made up of bits and pieces of all who ever touched your life, and you are more because of it, and you would be less if they had not touched you.

Pray God that you accept the bits and pieces in humility and wonder, and never question, and never regret.

Bits and pieces

Bits and pieces

From: WHO DO YOU THINK YOU’RE KIDDING? God is No Fool by Lois A. Cheney

I’ve grown to appreciate those who have had a profound influence on my life. I often didn’t realize the impact they would ultimately have on me. Rarely did I thank them.

A while ago, I felt led to write a tribute to my mother. Honoring her while she’s still alive. Recently, I felt compelled to thank a college administrator who mentored me. He believed I could be more than I dared to imagine.

Who has contributed positively to your life?

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

No replies yet. Be the first!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Post & Join Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

In keeping with the purpose of this community, please post uplifting messages. We welcome honest thoughts and feelings, but discourage negative thinking (those which would prompt pity parties). Judgmental messages are also discouraged. Without getting preachy, feel free to include Bible verses and passages which would uplift others.

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS