Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

What is your best tip for saving money and time at Christmas????

Started by Terre , author of SavingYourGreen 11/2/2011 4:17:06 PM

Mine is to try and get most of the buying done by the end of this month, and if you wrap as you go all year long you are not bogged down wrapping for hours and hours.  

I also like the flat rate boxes at the PO you can pack them and save the exact amount needed for postage!

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2
""

Reply by Tricia

author of Everyday Trish 11/11/2011 10:34:08 AM

I think my best weapon for saving time and money is to pre-plan everything.  I'm kind of a spreadsheet addict, so before the season really gets going I make a couple of sheets - one for gifts and the other for baking, card, decorations, etc.  I list out everyone I need to get a gift for, gift ideas, how much I want to spend, my budget for baking, etc.  

It just helps me stay on track and on budget and really only takes about 30 minutes while I'm watching TV to get done.  

""

Reply by Terre

author of SavingYourGreen 11/13/2011 9:30:30 AM

I make a list for gifts and keep in in my purse.  It is a basic one that shows the name of the person I need to get a gift and then when I get the gift I write that down.   This really helps for my kids because they get several gifts and sometimes I forget if I got them something already like PJ's.  I keep it in my purse because when I am shopping and see a deal I will have my list ready to check!      If I am going to bake something that goes on the one list I am not that good of keeping track of more than one list.

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

We welcome thoughts and comments, we welcome sharing of deals, links, PR pitches, giveaways, thoughts, rants and wishes. Any comments using profanity, offensive or adult content will be subject to deletion. Thanks Saving Your Green

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS