Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Any Fun Camping Trips or Outdoor Activities for Mother's Day?

Started by Dan , author of Dad Does 5/6/2012 10:48:39 AM

Hi All,

Just a week until Mother's Day and I was wondering if anyone has fun plans to go camping or maybe do a hike for Mother's Day?  KOA is having their Come Kamp and Care Weekend, so that is a cool way to raise money for a good cause and get a free night of camping.

I am somewhat ashamed to admit I will be out of the country on Mother's Day - so we are going to celebrate at a future date.

What are you all up to for Mother's Day?  Mother's Day S'Mores???

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7
""

Reply by Dani

5/8/2012 10:05:14 AM

My family will be camping in kabins as part of the Come Camp and Care weekend.  We are very excited as this is our first camping trip of the year.  It is still pretty chilly up here in Montana so staying in the kabins is a perfect option.  There will be 9 of us total all at the same KOA.  Should be a great time and a fun way to celebrate Mother's day too! 

""

Reply by Candice

5/8/2012 7:25:17 PM

We will also be in one of the kabins this weekend!  our first camping trip together ever!  I am not brave enough to camp in a tent with two young children!  I am VERY excited and look forward to a wonderful mothers day for a WONDERFUL cause!

""

Reply by Dani

5/9/2012 7:58:45 AM

That is great Candice!  Let us know how much fun you had after you get back.   

Candice's profile picture
Candice said ...
We will also be in one of the kabins this weekend!  our first camping trip together ever!  I am not brave enough to camp in a tent with two young children!  I am VERY excited and look forward to a wonderful mothers day for a WONDERFUL cause!

""

Reply by Sherri

5/9/2012 7:22:27 PM

We are heading out with our trailer for the 1st time place season! Headed to our local KOA In Halifax,NS. Happy Mothers day everyone!

""

Reply by Alice

5/9/2012 8:18:09 PM

It isn't a KOA, but it is a good time.  We are actually going to General Butler State Park in Carrollton, Ky for the Kentucky Scotish Festival on Saturday.  Seven Nations celtic rock group is awesome.  They have the Scotish games and bagpipe bands as well as vendors and food.  The first time we went, hubby surprised me with the trip on Mother's Day. 

We aren't camping but we are heading to the Zoo! I love the Zoo, so it's perfect for Mother's Day. We always take a picnic with us too.

""

Reply by Dan

author of Dad Does 5/11/2012 9:56:51 AM

Wow, all those plans sound great.  The Kabins look terrific - the perfect way to camp when it is still cold outside.

Sheri - we love the Zoo as well!

Happy Mother's Day All!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Stay friendly, respectful and have fun. The opinions expressed by Around the Campfire Community members and bloggers are that of the members.

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS