Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Great lesson learned this week....

Started by Laurie , author of Guessing all the Way 5/5/2012 3:32:57 AM

We are fairly new to RV camping and learned a great lesson this week.  Always take your first trip of the season close to home....

Luckily we hauled our travel about 45 minutes from home this week for our first outing.  When we got set up, there were a couple of things that needed repair.  We were able to get it repaired and taken care of without much stress since we were close to home.  It could have been a horrible way to start a long vacation.

Has anyone else ever had this happen to them? Do you normally camp close to home for your first trip after getting your RV from storage?

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3
""

Reply by Tonya

author of The Traveling Praters — 5/5/2012 9:30:33 AM

That's great advice! When we bought our motorhome, we actually took it to a local campground at the insistance of our salesman. He suggested that we hook it up and try it out locally just for that reason. Like you, we had a couple issues as well. I was glad that we'd taken his advice.

""

Reply by Laurie & Doug

5/5/2012 7:43:14 PM

I agree that it's excellent advice to stick close to home after you've just bought an RV!  We bought a used RV last fall and have been out in it 5 times so far and each time it is fairly close to home and we have lots of projects we do while we're in it getting it the way we need it to be (quite a few repairs that need to be done).  I think we plan to spend this year fairly close to home until everything is done the way we want it to be and then will plan to take it farther away next year.  It's still fun going away for the weekend close by and it's much easier to work on it while you're staying in it. Happy RV'ng!!!

""

Reply by Dani

5/8/2012 10:06:46 AM

Great advice!!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Stay friendly, respectful and have fun. The opinions expressed by Around the Campfire Community members and bloggers are that of the members.

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS