Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

First S'more's of the season!!

Started by Laurie , author of Guessing all the Way 4/28/2012 2:56:16 AM

We couldn't hold out for our first camping trip of the year, so tonight we made our first S'mores of the season:)  As you can see, even the dog participated.  Now we are just trying to figure out how to clean marshmallow from his fur.

Have you made your first S'mores of the year yet?  Were they as yummy as you remember?

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9
""

Reply by Quirky Momma

author of quirkymomma.com 4/28/2012 7:57:28 PM

How fun!!!  We love backyard smores!  They taste like summer

""

Reply by David

4/28/2012 8:00:40 PM

no S'more here...but we've been wearing out the grill with dogs and burgers! YUM YUM. Now that you have me thinking about it I will have to grill some pineapple this weekend!

""

Reply by Dan

author of Dad Does 4/29/2012 8:38:59 AM

That looks completely, totally, summertastically awesome! 

I'm with David...we've been doing a lot of grilling, but no s'mores yet.

""

Reply by Dani

5/1/2012 5:15:02 PM

So much fun!  We had to do that too not to long ago.  Couldn't wait any longer.  :) 

""

Reply by Dan R Morris

author of Letters From Dan 5/2/2012 11:17:35 PM

Providing the stuff to make s'mores has become the new fad at resorts. Many of them have fire pits which they set out s'mores stuff for the guests. Good times for sure.

""

Reply by Laurie

author of Guessing all the Way 5/5/2012 3:46:50 AM

@Dan, that is such a great idea for a resort.  What a fun thing to arrive too:)  We are on our first camping trip this weekend.  We bought the supersized marshmallows for roasting.  CAN"T WAIT.

""

Reply by Dan R Morris

author of Letters From Dan 5/23/2012 12:45:49 PM

I was told by a guy that the Super Size Marshmallows were just too much for S'mores. He said he had to slice them up. 

Wuss. 

I say triple the chocolate!

""

Reply by Laurie

author of Guessing all the Way 5/26/2012 7:06:53 PM

AMEN Dan:)  We are doing S'mores tonight and we are definitely using the supersized marshmallows again.  I bought the Caramel Hershey Kisses to go inside.

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Stay friendly, respectful and have fun. The opinions expressed by Around the Campfire Community members and bloggers are that of the members.

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS