Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

pop up black water dumping

Started by Jennifer 4/13/2012 10:37:56 AM

Hi Everyone,

We are looking in the market for a pop up camper, we plan to have it for a couple years and with a small child we are considering either a cassette potty or a porta potty... the cassette potty has a holding tank that you wheel to dumpstation like a suitcase ... my nasty question is how do you dump it??? Also is there such a thing as a pop up that will connect to the sewer hook up at campsites? I am soooo new to this!!!

The Jankowskis

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3
""

Reply by Dan R Morris

author of Letters From Dan 5/2/2012 4:17:28 PM

Holy Moly, I've never thought about that kind of stuff. Good luck, man.

""

Reply by Karen

author of FabGrandma 5/3/2012 9:19:46 AM

The cassette can be taken to the dump station and dumped and rinsed, and yes, it is a smelly job. I do not know if any of the pop-ups on the market today have sewer connections. It would make sense that they would, though, because some of them have showers in them. The best way to find out is to just go look.

""

Reply by Jennifer

5/7/2012 7:27:40 AM

Thanks, we ended up going with a gently used 18ft hybrid trailer with a full bathroom and a sewer hook up (YaY) ... I couldn't find one that hooked up directly to the sewer hook up, and the price for a larger pop up was comparable to a used hybrid :)  

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Stay friendly, respectful and have fun. The opinions expressed by Around the Campfire Community members and bloggers are that of the members.

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS