Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

What to do with a used travel trailer?

Started by Susan 4/5/2012 6:50:37 AM

Have a traveler trailer that's seen better days.  Was a former FEMA trailer that we got a good deal on and we used it for 2 yrs and now want to get something else.  There's water damage (sub floor/wall around slide), but everything else works fine.  Try to sell as is?  Or is there a place where good trailers go to die?  Does anyone have experience in fixing sub-floor damage?

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2
""

Reply by Karen

author of FabGrandma 4/5/2012 10:51:45 PM

I wish I had an answer for you. I would suggest calling an RV dealer and asking them where you can dispose of it if you no longer want to use it and can't sell it.

If you want to sell it as is, advertise it in the RV Trader. Someone will buy it. My friend sold a really old and need of repairs RV last winter for $800. The buyer is going to use it as her art studio. You never know until you try.

""

Reply by Gary

4/6/2012 11:09:30 PM

You can also check in your area and see if there is a local charity that accepts used trailers.  Many of them have people that can refurbish them and then they sell them.  And you can use it as a deduction.

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Stay friendly, respectful and have fun. The opinions expressed by Around the Campfire Community members and bloggers are that of the members.

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS