Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

KOA Cabin review!

Started by Amy , author of Pitstops for Kids 2/21/2012 6:28:58 PM

Hi all,

We needed a pit stop en route to a backcountry ski overnight in Mt. Hood, OR last weekend, and in a 'duh!' moment, realized we'd save about half the price of a motel room if we opted for a KOA cabin instead. We spent the night in a 2-bedroom at the Redmond KOA (in Central Oregon) and it was excellent (yes, even in winter!).

Next week, I'll post the whole review on my site, Pit Stops for Kids, but in the meantime, here's a short video we made for our Facebook page, showing the amenities, interior, and more. This was our first stay in a KOA cabin, and I don't know what took me so long! It's a great cost-saving option that delivers on fun for the kids.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6
That looks great! I love that they are heated.

""

Reply by Lynn

2/22/2012 9:39:39 AM

Hi Amy!  Glad you had a great time and were cozy warm in the KOA Cabin.  I am sure Dan wants to know if you toasted a s'more!?  Happy Camping! 

""

Reply by Dani

2/22/2012 11:18:35 AM

So glad you enjoyed it Amy!  Great review!

""

Reply by Judy

author of Judy's Postcards Plus 2/22/2012 4:29:34 PM

Well here we sit in a KOA in Santa Nella Calif near I-5 and Los Banos.  It is an older park but just purchased and became a KOA the last year.  They are remodeling...office was very nice inside but pool needs work etc but nice trees, grassy areas in most sites.Pretty quiet for this time of the year.  Its 71 and nice out but over 100 in the summer. So will add if more if it becomes a happening place!

""

Reply by Dan

author of Dad Does 2/28/2012 8:20:04 AM

That is awesome!  Lynn, I operate under the principal that anyone who is camping toasts S'mores...because isn't that the whole reason to go camping in the first place? :)

Lynn's profile picture
Lynn said ...
Hi Amy!  Glad you had a great time and were cozy warm in the KOA Cabin.  I am sure Dan wants to know if you toasted a s'more!?  Happy Camping! 

""

Reply by Amy

author of Pitstops for Kids 2/28/2012 8:58:39 AM

Ha! Yes, we did! There's a great fire pit outside! It was chilly in Feb, but worth it! 

Lynn's profile picture
Lynn said ...

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Stay friendly, respectful and have fun. The opinions expressed by Around the Campfire Community members and bloggers are that of the members.

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS