Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Backpacking Snacks

Started by Quirky Momma , author of quirkymomma.com 8/15/2011 10:17:06 AM

I love how portable the snack ideas I found at Choose to Thrive are - perfect for backpacking!  Do you have any other, really portable snack ideas?

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7
""

Reply by Amy

author of Pitstops for Kids 8/15/2011 5:28:19 PM

We love to make our own trail mix concoctions (hint: Skittles work better than M&Ms because they don't melt!) and also bring Babybel cheeses (in wax) and crackers. Another favorite: box mac and cheese for evening.

""

Reply by The Happy Housewife

author of The Happy Housewife 8/16/2011 7:29:16 AM

That is such a cute idea!!! I love it! Hmm, as for backbacking snacks, we love beef jerky. Usually we have homemade jerky, but if not I try to grab some on sale because it is so expensive. 

My kids also like those fruit snacks. I think Welch's makes a healthier kind, although I'm not sure how healthy they are.  

Toni

""

Reply by Julie

author of KOA Kompass 8/16/2011 1:48:56 PM

I gave the recipe for Annie's Chili crackers in the July Kompass  a try and they were really tasty.  For the kiddos I'd leave out the pepper flakes, but we are definitely going to take a batch of them with us on our next adventure.

""

Reply by Caitie

author of The Daily Dillon 8/16/2011 2:49:48 PM

What a great idea Amy!

Amy's profile picture
Amy said ...
We love to make our own trail mix concoctions (hint: Skittles work better than M&Ms because they don't melt!) and also bring Babybel cheeses (in wax) and crackers. Another favorite: box mac and cheese for evening.

Great idea, Amy! Did you know that Whole Foods Market's new Cooking Department has a build-your-own snack bar? Nuts, seeds, dried fruit, the works! Makes yummy trail-mix type snacks for outdoor adventures in a snap!

Amy's profile picture
Amy said ...

""

Reply by Vanessa

author of BlogFrog Blog — 8/16/2011 4:58:53 PM

Really? I'll have to check that out!

Jodi's profile picture
Jodi said ...
Great idea, Amy! Did you know that Whole Foods Market's new Cooking Department has a build-your-own snack bar? Nuts, seeds, dried fruit, the works! Makes yummy trail-mix type snacks for outdoor adventures in a snap!

""

Reply by Caitie

author of The Daily Dillon 8/17/2011 9:18:15 PM

YUM!!

Julie's profile picture
Julie said ...
I gave the recipe for Annie's Chili crackers in the July Kompass  a try and they were really tasty.  For the kiddos I'd leave out the pepper flakes, but we are definitely going to take a batch of them with us on our next adventure.

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Stay friendly, respectful and have fun. The opinions expressed by Around the Campfire Community members and bloggers are that of the members.

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS