Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Greening Kids For The Future

Started by Celeste , author of Organic Mommy Today 3/5/2012 11:30:10 PM

My daughter is still a little young to fully understand what living earth friendly is but she knows that keeping the trash off the ground at our parks makes the flowers beautiful and the butterflies (or as she calls them "little pretty wings") homes stay clean for them. Now my son on the other hand is in full green swing. He understands littering is something that hurts the planet. I even do some small things around the house to teach more earth friendly living which I believe starts within the home. I will leave lights on and watch as he goes around and turns them off and he even went as far as to fuss at a teenager with his group of friends in the supermarket parking lot when he decided to throw his cup on the ground.

Aside from teaching in-home earth friendly methods I ensure my little ones are green from head to toe. My son has been out of diapers for a while now but my daughter is a work in progress.

Thankfully Seventh Generation has earth-friendly Free & Clear Training Pants. Made with little bottoms in mind their training pants contain no fragrances, no latex, no petroleum-based lotions and no chlorine processing.

Teaching children the importance of learning about and using eco-friendly products is a step in the right direction of learning to conserve the world that they live in. This is why Seventh Generation the Dr. Seuss' The Lorax have joined forces.

Make a difference by choosing Seventh Generation, now offering free shipping for orders over $50. As the Lorax says, "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."

How do you live like the Lorax? Tell Seventh Generation below and be entered to win a Green Your Home prize pack!

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Seventh Generation. The opinions and text are all mine. Official Sweepstakes Rules.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 41 - 50 of 56
""

Reply by Elena

3/14/2012 3:54:10 PM

I like that The Lorax promotes green living and recycling. We recycle as much as we can and use reusabe bags at the stores.

""

Reply by jennifer s

author of How To Survive In College 3/14/2012 10:16:53 PM

I recycle plastic,cardboard, cans, and paper on my college campus since we have a campus recycling center....

""

Reply by Mary

author of Adventures with Baby 3/15/2012 1:54:14 AM

i use green cleaning products

""

Reply by Rosanne

3/15/2012 2:09:45 AM

We recycle paper plastic and try to pick up trash @ parks

""

Reply by LaTanya

3/16/2012 1:56:32 PM

I recycle.

""

Reply by Stephanie

3/16/2012 10:51:46 PM

we reuse everything that we can, recycle plastics, paper, cardboard, aluminum, and glass. we bring our own reuseable shopping bags, we support local farmers by shopping at farmers markets or at stores that buy from those farmers. 

""

Reply by Kari

3/17/2012 7:39:54 PM

we pick up litter when we see it

""

Reply by Kathy

3/20/2012 7:06:49 PM

We strive to be "green". We recycle, reuse, and even (gasp***) - regift  :)

""

Reply by April

3/22/2012 10:26:18 AM

We recycle everything possible, and I reuse glass bottles for craft projects

""

Reply by Sandra

3/22/2012 3:08:53 PM
We recycle everything we can, including junk mail,old homework papers, bottles, plastic, etc. We have so much, the people who collect the recycling had to give us an extra bin to use; even then we still usually have a paper bag full.

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS